Notes & Reviews:
- Gaetano Donizetti's Ugo, conte di Parigi, premièred at La Scala i1832 with, among other storied names in the history of Italian opera, Giuditta Pasta, the creator of Bellini's Norma.
- The Orchestra and Chorus of the Teatro Donizetti is led here by conductor Gaetano Fogliani, currently teaching orchestral conducting at the Conservatory G. Tartini in Trieste.
- 'A vigorous, intense opera, broad and ornate, dramatic and intricate, full of alliances and clashes' - Piero Mioli
MusicWeb International, 27th January 2014
Dimitriu sings with light soprano tone and has adequate coloratura in her entrance aria and a reasonable trill...Giannattasia as Bianca's sister Adelia has a fuller-toned and warmer voice and gives a clear indication of her vocal strengths...Ugo is sung with Italianate tonal squilla and good diction by Japanese tenor Yasuharu.
American Record Guide, May/June 2014
Ugo is the 36th of Donizetti's 70 or so operas. Donizetti composed with amazing speed and agility. The performance is mainly an agreeable one. It's superior and has superb notes and an Italian- English libretto.
Recording information: Teatro Donizetti, Bergamo, Italy (10/2003).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Classical Wellness, Musical tonics for mind, body & spirit / Laughter, Caffeine, Chamomile
Antonio Mazzoni (1717-1785): Antigono, opera / Michael Spyres, Pamela Lucciarini, Martin Oro
Draumsyn - Music for solo hardanger fiddle composed and performed by Anne Hytta
Lyell Cresswell: Landscapes of the Soul; Concerto for piano; Concerto for Orchestra & String Quartet / Stephen De Pledge, piano
Johann Adolph Hasse (1699-1783) Opera Arias 'Rokoko' / Max Emanuel Cencic, countertenor
Romero Lubambo: So: Brazilian Essence [Digipak] *
Gulbahar Kultur: Sunset in Dubai [Digipak]
Grupo Cimarron de Cuba: The Most Popular Songs From Cuba
Deben Bhattacharya: Inside Afghanistan
Works DetailsDonizetti, Gaetano : Ugo conte di Parigi, opera
- Conductor: Antonino Fogliani
- Ensemble: Teatro Donizetti di Bergamo
- Running Time: 7 min. 47 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta