1 800 222 6872

Brian Asawa - The Dark is my Delight, etc / David Tayler

Album Summary

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Come again, sweet love doth now invite, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : His golden locks Time has to silver turned, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Flow, my tears, fall from your springs, for 2 voices & lute (Second Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : It was a time when silly bees could speak, for 4 voices & lute (Third Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Sorrow, stay, lend true repentant tears, for 2 voices & lute (Second Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Can she excuse my wrongs, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : A Shepherd in a shade, for 4 voices & lute (Second Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Time stands still, for voice, lute & bass viol (Third Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Go crystal tears, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : I saw my lady weep, for 2 voices & lute (Second Book of Song)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Away with these self-loving lads, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
>Campion, Thomas : Now hath Flora rob'd her bowers
>Campion, Thomas : Author of light, revive my dying spright
>Campion, Thomas : Come let us sound with melody the praises
>Campion, Thomas : Oft Have I Sigh'd for Him That Heares Me Not for voice, lute & bass viol (Thrid Book of Ayres)
>Campion, Thomas : Turn back, you wanton flyer
>Anonymous : This Merry Pleasant Spring
>Anonymous : There were three ravens
>Anonymous, English : The Dark Is My Delight
>Anonymous, English : The Willow Song (a.k.a. "The Willow", "The Poor Soul Sat Sighing", "Willow, Willow")
>Anonymous, English : Miserere My Maker, for voice & lute
>Anonymous : Where the bee sucks
>Anonymous : O Deathe, Rock Me A-Sleepe
Performers Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Come again, sweet love doth now invite, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1597

>Dowland, John [Composer] : His golden locks Time has to silver turned, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1597

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Flow, my tears, fall from your springs, for 2 voices & lute (Second Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1600

>Dowland, John [Composer] : It was a time when silly bees could speak, for 4 voices & lute (Third Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1603

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Sorrow, stay, lend true repentant tears, for 2 voices & lute (Second Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1600

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Can she excuse my wrongs, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1597

>Dowland, John [Composer] : A Shepherd in a shade, for 4 voices & lute (Second Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1600

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Time stands still, for voice, lute & bass viol (Third Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1603

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Go crystal tears, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1597

>Dowland, John [Composer] : I saw my lady weep, for 2 voices & lute (Second Book of Song)
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1600

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Away with these self-loving lads, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1597

>Campion, Thomas : Now hath Flora rob'd her bowers
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1607

>Campion, Thomas : Author of light, revive my dying spright
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1613

>Campion, Thomas : Come let us sound with melody the praises
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Campion, Thomas : Oft Have I Sigh'd for Him That Heares Me Not for voice, lute & bass viol (Thrid Book of Ayres)
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Campion, Thomas : Turn back, you wanton flyer
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : This Merry Pleasant Spring
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : There were three ravens
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 9 sec.

>Anonymous, English : The Dark Is My Delight
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 9 sec.

>Anonymous, English : The Willow Song (a.k.a. "The Willow", "The Poor Soul Sat Sighing", "Willow, Willow")
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 16 sec.

>Anonymous, English : Miserere My Maker, for voice & lute
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Where the bee sucks
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 15 sec.

>Anonymous : O Deathe, Rock Me A-Sleepe
  • Performers: Brian Asawa; David Tayler [Lute/Guitar] (Lute)
  • Notes: St. Stephen's Church, Belvedere, CA (01/22/1997-01/25/1997)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance