1 800 222 6872

Songs by Glinka, Chopin, Dvorak, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov / Anda-Louise Bogza, soprano; Marcel Javorcek, piano

Album Summary

>Glinka, Mikhail : Do not tempt me needlessly (Ne iskushay menya bez nuzhdï), elegy for voice & piano, G. x2
>Glinka, Mikhail : The fire of longing burns in my heart
>Glinka, Mikhail : The Poor Singer (Bednïy pevets), song for voice & piano, G. x10
>Glinka, Mikhail : Say not that it grieves the heart (Ne govori, chto serdtsu), song for voice & piano, G. x335
>Glinka, Mikhail : L'alouette
>Glinka, Mikhail : How sweet it is to be with you (Kak sladko s toboyu mne bït'), for voice & piano, G. x277
>Glinka, Mikhail : Venetian Night (Venetsianskaya noch'), song for voice & piano, G. x117
>Glinka, Mikhail : Ya zdes, Inezilya (Here I am, Iñesilla)
>Chopin, Frédéric : Zyczenie (The Wish), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/1, CT 129
>Chopin, Frédéric : Smutna rzeka (The Sad Stream), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/3, CT. 131
>Chopin, Frédéric : Gdzie lubi (There Where She Loves), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/5, CT. 133
>Chopin, Frédéric : Melodya (Melody), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/9, CT. 137
>Chopin, Frédéric : Piosnka litewska (Lithuanian Song), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/16, CT. 144
>Chopin, Frédéric : Moja Pieszczotka (My Darling), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/12, CT. 140
>Chopin, Frédéric : Pierscien (The Ring), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/14, CT. 142
>Dvorak, Antonin : Zigeunermelodien (7), Op. 55
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : To Forget So Soon
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Songs (7), Op. 47
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Songs (6), Op. 6
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Lullaby, Op. 16/1
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Does the Day Reign, Op. 47, no 6
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : I have grown fond of sorrow, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/4
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Lilacs, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : How fair this spot, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/7
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : The dream, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Believe me not, friend, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/7
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

  • Soprano Anda-Louise Bogza interprets the songs of five composers.
  • Included on this disc is Antonin Dvorák's Gypsy Melodies song cycle and some less-than-often heard songs of Chopin.
  • Ms. Bogza leads a successful career performing in opera houses across Europe, as well having performed in Israel and Japan.

Anda-Louise Bogza is one of the today´s opera scene leading soprano. Anda-Louise Bogza has performed in well-renowned opera houses throughout Europe and overseas. She was successful as Aida at the Vienna State Opera, Berlin State Opera, Deutsche Oper Berlin, New Israeli Opera Tel Aviv, Opera Leipzig. She has made a big impression as Tosca at the festival Maggio Musicale Fiorentino - Florence, at the Bavarian State Opera Munich (conductor Zubin Mehta), Frankfurt Opera, L'Opéra National de Bordeaux, New Israeli Opera Tel Aviv, Semperoper Dresden (conductor Fabio Luisi, stage director Johannes Schaaf), Arena di Verona (Tosca - conductor P. Morandi, stage director Hugo de Ana), Teatro dell'Opera di Roma, at the National Operas of Bratislava, Prague, Bucharest and in Japan.

American Record Guide, November/December 2015
Forster is an able conductor. The performance was recorded in the Prague Rudolfinium and sounds wonderful.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Martinu Hall, Prague (2012).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Glinka, Mikhail : Do not tempt me needlessly (Ne iskushay menya bez nuzhdï), elegy for voice & piano, G. x2
  • Performers: Galina Aleshkevich (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1825

>Glinka, Mikhail : The fire of longing burns in my heart
  • Performers: Galina Aleshkevich (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1838

>Glinka, Mikhail : The Poor Singer (Bednïy pevets), song for voice & piano, G. x10
  • Performers: Galina Aleshkevich (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1826

>Glinka, Mikhail : Say not that it grieves the heart (Ne govori, chto serdtsu), song for voice & piano, G. x335
  • Performers: Galina Aleshkevich (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1855

>Glinka, Mikhail : L'alouette
  • Performers: Galina Aleshkevich (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1840

>Glinka, Mikhail : How sweet it is to be with you (Kak sladko s toboyu mne bït'), for voice & piano, G. x277
  • Performers: Galina Aleshkevich (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1840

>Glinka, Mikhail : Venetian Night (Venetsianskaya noch'), song for voice & piano, G. x117
  • Performers: Galina Aleshkevich (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1832

>Glinka, Mikhail : Ya zdes, Inezilya (Here I am, Iñesilla) :: Spanish Romance), song for voice & piano, G. x161
  • Performers: Galina Aleshkevich (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1834

>Chopin, Frédéric : Zyczenie (The Wish), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/1, CT 129
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1829

>Chopin, Frédéric : Smutna rzeka (The Sad Stream), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/3, CT. 131
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1831

>Chopin, Frédéric : Gdzie lubi (There Where She Loves), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/5, CT. 133
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1829

>Chopin, Frédéric : Melodya (Melody), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/9, CT. 137
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1847

>Chopin, Frédéric : Piosnka litewska (Lithuanian Song), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/16, CT. 144
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1831

>Chopin, Frédéric : Moja Pieszczotka (My Darling), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/12, CT. 140
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Pierscien (The Ring), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/14, CT. 142
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1836

>Dvorak, Antonin : Zigeunermelodien (7), Op. 55
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: ?01/18/1880-02/23/1880.
  • Running Time: 12 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : To Forget So Soon
  • Performers: Galina Aleshkevich (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1870

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Songs (7), Op. 47
  • Performers: Galina Aleshkevich (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1880

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Songs (6), Op. 6
  • Performers: Galina Aleshkevich (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1869

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Lullaby, Op. 16/1
  • Performers: Galina Aleshkevich (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1872

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Does the Day Reign, Op. 47, no 6
  • Performers: Galina Aleshkevich (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1880

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : I have grown fond of sorrow, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/4
  • Performers: Galina Aleshkevich (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1893

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Lilacs, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/5
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : How fair this spot, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/7
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : The dream, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/5
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1893

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Believe me not, friend, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/7
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896