Notes & Reviews:
- World premiere recordings of twenty Church Songs for a cappella Choir, adapted by Henryk Mikolaj Gorecki
- Written mostly in May and June 1986
- Most of the original old melodies (some dating back to the 14th century) were taken from 'Church Songbooks' by Rev. Jan Siedlecki
- 'Church Songs' are well in agreement with the general outline of the composer's oeuvre
- The Cracow Singers in Tribute to H.M. Gorecki - Wlodzimierz Siedlik - artistic director and conductor
American Record Guide, May/June 2014
The notes are in English. Solemn and the songs sound like the perfect accompaniment for a reverent approach to the communion rail or to the altar to venerate a statue of the Holy Madonna. The singing is as reverently introspective as the music. It's just beautiful.
Recording information: Church of the Mother of God from Fatima in Cracow (05/20/2013-05/23/2013).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Boy Whose Father Was God / A musical re-telling of the life of one of the most influential figures in history, Jesus of Nazareth
Michael Haydn: Wind Concertos, Vol. 1 / Brunmayr-Tutz, flute; Schlader, clarinet; Hinterholzer, horn; Landlinger, trumpet; Salvenmoser, trombone
Beethoven/Liszt: Symphonies No. 8 & 3 / Yury Martynov, piano
Ernst Eichner (1740-1777), Jean Théophile Eichner: Four Harp Concertos / Silke Aichhorn, harp
Zdenek Fibich: Symphony No. 2 in E flat major; At Twilight; Clarinet Idyll / Irvin Venys, clarinet
Overtures from the British Isles - works by Bantock, Gardiner, Mackenzie, Coleridge-Taylor, Stanford, Sullivan / Gamba
Beethoven: Piano Sonatas, Vol. 2 - Sonatas Nos. 11 - 21 / Jean-Efflam Bavouzet, piano
New World Quartets - works by Dvorak, Barber, Gershwin, Copland, Brubeck / Brodsky Quartet
Hummell & Schubert: Piano Quintets / The Music Collection
Works DetailsHenryk Mikolaj Górecki (Composer) (1933 - 2010) : Piesni koscielne (Church Songs) (21), for chorus
- Conductor: Wlodzimierz Siedlik
- Ensemble: Cracow Singers
- Notes: Church of the Mother of God from Fatima in Cracow (05/20/2013-05/23/2013)
- Running Time: 3 min. 31 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Written: 1986