- Korngold — String Sextet in D Major, Op. 10: I. Moderato - Allegro $0.99 on iTunes
- Korngold — String Sextet in D Major, Op. 10: II. Adagio $0.99 on iTunes
- Korngold — String Sextet in D Major, Op. 10: III. Intermezzo $0.99 on iTunes
- Korngold — String Sextet in D Major, Op. 10: IV. Finale. Presto $0.99 on iTunes
- Korngold — Suite, Op. 23: I. Präludium und Fuge. Kräftig und bestimmt $0.99 on iTunes
- Korngold — Suite, Op. 23: II. Walzer. Nicht schnell, anmutig $0.99 on iTunes
- Korngold — Suite, Op. 23: III. Groteske. Möglichst rasch $0.99 on iTunes
- Korngold — Suite, Op. 23: IV. Lied. Schlicht und innig - Nicht zu langsam $0.99 on iTunes
- Korngold — Suite, Op. 23: V. Rondo - Finale. Variationen $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
Gramophone Magazine, April 2014
The Viennese musicians of the Aron Quartet meet the challenge of these complex and highly strung pieces head-on...These musicians were born to play Viennese cafe music reflected throughout the string of waltz tunes in the Intermezzo...In the Suite, the pianist Henri Sigfridsson commands attention from the start.
BBC Music Magazine, February 2014
[The Sextet] reveals the composer in adolescence, passionate and sensuous, agile in mood and tonality. The Viennese musiciaans of the Aron Quartet give it their all, helped by a full-bodied recording....The waltzing third movement is particularly engaging.
- The next installment of Korngold chamber works from the Aron Quartett.
- The Aron Quartett enjoyed well-deserved success with its cpo recording of the Erich Wolfgang Korngold String Quartets.
- The two works recorded here - the String Sextet in D major op. 10 and the Suite op. 23 - are highly individual examples of Korngold's innovative approach to chamber music. The Sextet is the work of a wunderkind, the Suite the work of a more mature composer.
American Record Guide, May/June 2014
Sound and performances are both grade A. There are several recordings of the Sextet available. It's a buyer's market - the performance mentioned above is also terrific. I prefer this one because of its coupling with the Suite.
Recording information: Lisztsaal Raiding.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
York Bowen: Phantasy Quintet; Piano Trios; Clarinet Sonata / Robert Plane, clarinet
Kurt Atterberg (1887-1974): Orchestral Works, Vol. 2 - Symphonies Nos. 2 & 8 / Neeme Jarvi, Gothenburg SO
Ferenc Farkas (1905-2000): Orchestral Music, Vol. 1 - Music for Chamber Orchestra / Miklos Perenyi, cello
Korngold: Piano Trio, Op. 1; Schoenberg: Verklarte Nacht (trans. for piano trio) / Fidelio Trio
Kazuo Yamada (1912-1991): Grand Treasure; A Song of Young People; Kiso; Spellbinding / Russian PO, Yablonsky
César Franck: Early Piano Music - Ballade, Op. 9; Schubert Song Transcriptions, Op. 8; Fantasy, Op. 15 et al. / Julia Severus, piano
Lyell Cresswell: Landscapes of the Soul; Concerto for piano; Concerto for Orchestra & String Quartet / Stephen De Pledge, piano
Goffredo Petrassi (1904-2003): Concerto for piano; Concerto for flute; La follia di Orlando / Bruno Canino, piano; Mario Ancillotti, flute
Respighi: Violin & Piano, Vol. 1 - Sonata in D minor; Sei Pezzi; Cinque Pezzi; Allegretto vivace / Emy Bernecoli, violin; Massimo Giuseppe Bianchi, piano
Works DetailsKorngold, Erich Wolfgang : Sextet for strings in D, Op. 10
- Performers: Marius Diaz (Cello); Thomas Selditz (Viola)
- Ensemble: Aron Quartett
- Running Time: 33 min. 7 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Chamber Music
Korngold, Erich Wolfgang : Suite for 2 Violins, Cello and Piano (left hand)
- Performer: Henri Sigfridsson (Piano)
- Running Time: 34 min. 19 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Written: 1930