1 800 222 6872

The Art of Irina Arkhipova - songs by Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov & Mussorgsky (rec. 1973)

Album Summary

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Songs (6) for voice & piano, Op. 65
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Songs (6) for voice & piano, Op. 73
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : In the silence of the secret night, song for voice & piano, Op. 4/3
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : I wait for thee, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/1
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Child, thou art as beautiful as a flower, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/2
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Fragment from Musset, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/6
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Lilacs, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : The dream, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Georgian Song ("Do not Sing, My Beauty"), for voice & piano, Op. 4/4
>Mussorgsky, Modest : Songs and dances of death
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The name of Irina Arkhipova was entered into the Russian Book of Records as the most titled singer of the USSR and Russia. Her voice was 'an amazing combination of the breadth of Russian singing style, heartfelt intonation, European lustre and refined vocalization of the highest standard,' wrote the press about one of the greatest Russian vocalists of the 20th century.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Songs (6) for voice & piano, Op. 65
  • Performers: Irina Arkhipova (Mezzo Soprano); John Wustman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1888

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Songs (6) for voice & piano, Op. 73
  • Performers: Irina Arkhipova (Mezzo Soprano); John Wustman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1893

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : In the silence of the secret night, song for voice & piano, Op. 4/3
  • Performers: Irina Arkhipova (Mezzo Soprano); Igor Guselnikov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1890-1893

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : I wait for thee, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/1
  • Performers: Irina Arkhipova (Mezzo Soprano); Igor Guselnikov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Child, thou art as beautiful as a flower, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/2
  • Performers: Irina Arkhipova (Mezzo Soprano); Igor Guselnikov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1893

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Fragment from Musset, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/6
  • Performers: Irina Arkhipova (Mezzo Soprano); Igor Guselnikov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Lilacs, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/5
  • Performers: Irina Arkhipova (Mezzo Soprano); Igor Guselnikov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : The dream, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/5
  • Performers: Irina Arkhipova (Mezzo Soprano); Igor Guselnikov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1893

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Georgian Song ("Do not Sing, My Beauty"), for voice & piano, Op. 4/4
  • Performers: Irina Arkhipova (Mezzo Soprano); Igor Guselnikov (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1890-93.
  • Running Time: 4 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1890-1893

>Mussorgsky, Modest : Songs and dances of death
  • Performers: Irina Arkhipova (Mezzo Soprano); Igor Guselnikov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 19 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic