- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": I. Allegro maestoso
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": II. Andante moderato
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": III. In ruhrig fliessener Bewegung
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": IV. "Urlicht" (from Des Knaben Wunderhorn $0.99 on iTunes
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": V. Im Tempo des Scherzo
Notes & Reviews:
Gilbert Kaplan is one of today's most authoritative and acclaimed interpreters of Mahler's Symphony No. 2, having conducted the work at the invitation of more than 65 orchestras. His 1987 recording with the London Symphony Orchestra is the best-selling Mahler recording in history, named a New York Times "Record of the Year." A second recording, with the Vienna Philharmonic, is the best-selling recording of Mahler's Second since its date of release. Now, with his third recording based on a live performance at the Konzerthaus in Vienna, Kaplan is set to make history once again, providing an opportunity for chamber, community, and regional opera orchestras to perform this work that normally requires more than 100 musicians (there are only 56 musicians performing on this recording). His recording with the Vienna Chamber Symphony sets the benchmark.
Wall Street Journal
This is the 'Resurrection' for a new, and troubled, century.
Recording information: Wiener Konzerthaus, Vienna (02/17/2013).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
The American Album: String Quartets by Dvorák, Griffes, Barber, Puts / Cypress String Quartet
Georg Friedrich Händel: Six Piano Concertos Op. 4 / Matthias Kirschnereit, piano
German Wind Quintets - Works by Klughardt; Hindemith; Eisler & Stockhausen / Aquilon Quintet
George Enescu: Symphony No. 3; Concert Overture / Hannu Lintu
Tchaikovsky: Piano Trio, Op. 50; Arensky: Piano Trio, Op. 32 / Trio Wanderer
Orient Occident, Vol. 2: Hommage a la Syrie / Bouhassoun, Khatry, Khalil, Rahal. Hesperion XXI, Savall
Franz Xaver Mozart: Violin Sonatas Opp. 7 & 15; Grande Sonata for Cello; Piano Quartet Op. 1
Ravel and Debussy / Thomas Zehetmair, Paris CO
Graupner: Orchestral Suites / Petra Aminoff, flute; Tindaro Capuano, chalumeau; Krzysztof Stencel, natural horn
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 2 in C minor "Resurrection"
- Conductor: Gilbert Kaplan
- Ensemble: Vienna Chamber Orchestra
- Running Time: 86 min. 27 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1888-1894