1 800 222 6872

C.P.E. Bach: The Collection / Bylsma, Curtis, Ebbinge, Herreweghe, Koopman, Leonhardt, Tachezi, Van Asperen [13 CDs]

Album Summary

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Symphony for orchestra in D major (Orchester-sinfonien no 1), H. 663, Wq. 183/1
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Symphony for orchestra in E flat major (Orchester-sinfonien no 2), H. 664, Wq. 183/2
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sinfonias (4), Wq 183
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Symphony for orchestra in G major (Orchester-sinfonien no 4), H. 666, Wq. 183/4
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Symphony for strings & continuo in B minor (Sei sinfonie no 5), H. 661, Wq. 182/5
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for Oboe in E flat major, Wq 165/H 468
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for Oboe in B flat major, Wq 164/H 466
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for oboe & continuo in G minor, H. 549, Wq. 135
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for flute, strings & continuo in D minor, H. 426, Wq. 22
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for flute, strings & continuo in A major, H. 438, Wq. 168
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for flute, strings & continuo in B flat major, H. 435, Wq. 167
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for flute, strings & continuo in G major, H. 445, Wq. 169
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for flute, strings & continuo in A minor, H. 431, Wq. 166
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Double Concerto for 2 harpsichords, 2 horns, strings & continuo in F major, H. 408, Wq. 46
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for cello, strings & continuo ("No. 3") in A major, H. 439, Wq. 172
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for Cello no 1 in A minor, Wq 170/H 432
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for cello, strings & continuo ("No. 2") in B flat major, H. 436, Wq. 171
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for harpsichord, 2 flutes, 2 horns, strings & continuo in C minor (Sei Concerti no 4), H.
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for harpsichord, 2 flutes, 2 horns, strings & continuo in G major (Sei Concerti no 5), H.
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for harpsichord, 2 flutes, 2 horns, strings & continuo in D minor (Sei Concerti no 2), H.
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for harpsichord, 2 flutes, 2 horns, strings & continuo in C major (Sei Concerti no 6), H.
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for harpsichord, 2 flutes, 2 horns, strings & continuo in E flat major (Sei Concerti no 3)
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for Harpsichord in F major, Wq 42/H471
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in F major (Prussian Sonata no 1), H. 24, Wq. 48/1
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in B flat major (Prussian Sonata no 2), H. 25, Wq. 48/2
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in E major (Prussian Sonata no 3), H. 26, Wq. 48/3
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in C minor (Prussian Sonata no 4), H. 27, Wq. 48/4
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in C major (Prussian Sonata no 5), H.28, Wq. 48/5
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in A major (Prussian Sonata no 6), H. 29, Wq. 48/6
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonatas (6) for Keyboard, Wq 49
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in A flat major (Wurttemberg Sonata no 2), H. 31, Wq. 49/2
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in E minor (Wurttemberg Sonata no 3), H. 33, Wq. 49/3
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in B flat major (Wurttemberg Sonata no 4), H. 32, Wq. 49/4
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in E flat major (Wurttemberg Sonata no 5), H. 34, Wq. 49/5
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in B minor (Wurttemberg Sonata no 6), H. 36, Wq. 49/6
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for keyboard solo in C major, H. 190, Wq. 112/1
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo, for keyboard no 3 in B flat major (Kenner IV/5), H. 267, Wq. 58/5
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo, for keyboard no 1 in E flat major (Kenner VI/1), H. 288, Wq. 61/1
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo, for keyboard no 2 in C minor (Kenner V/4), H. 283, Wq. 59/4
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo for Keyboard in C major, Wq 56 no 1/H 260
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo, for keyboard no 3 in A minor (Kenner II/5), H. 262, Wq. 56/5
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Fantasia, for keyboard in C major (Kenner VI/6), H. 291, Wq. 61/6
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo, for keyboard no 2 in G major (Kenner II/3), H. 271, Wq. 57/3
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo, for keyboard no 2 in E major (Kenner IV/3), H. 274, Wq. 58/3
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo, for keyboard no 1 in E major (Kenner III/1), H. 265, Wq. 57/1
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for organ (or harpsichord) in A major, H. 133, Wq. 70/1
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for organ (or harpsichord) in B flat major, H. 134, Wq. 70/2
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for organ in F major, H. 84, Wq. 70/3
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for organ in A minor, H. 85, Wq. 70/4
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for organ in D major, H. 86, Wq. 70/5
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for organ in G minor, H. 87, Wq. 70/6
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Auferstehung und Himmelfahrt Jesu, oratorio for 3 voices, chorus, orchestra & continuo, H. 777, Wq.
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The most individual of Johan Sebastian's composer-sons, Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach composed concertos, sonatas, oratorios and more in a unique and unpredictable style which moved far from his father's Barouqe rigor into an early and rhetorically marked Classicism that aroused the deep admiration of Mozart, who confessed: 'He is the father. We are the children.' This collection surveys the major areas of C.P.E. Bach's achievement in historically informed performances, including a fine disc of the keyboard Rondos that has never before appeared on CD.

MusicWeb International, 16th May 2014
This is a superb box set and a great boost to anyone's music collection, C.P.E. Bach or otherwise. It's stuffed with refreshingly vibrant performances and recordings, and is a joy to dip into or even to dive in and wade through in unseemly haste.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Symphony for orchestra in D major (Orchester-sinfonien no 1), H. 663, Wq. 183/1
  • Conductor: Gustav Leonhardt
  • Running Time: 10 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1775-1776

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Symphony for orchestra in E flat major (Orchester-sinfonien no 2), H. 664, Wq. 183/2
  • Conductor: Gustav Leonhardt
  • Running Time: 9 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1775-1776

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sinfonias (4), Wq 183
  • Conductor: Gustav Leonhardt
  • Running Time: 10 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1775-1776

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Symphony for orchestra in G major (Orchester-sinfonien no 4), H. 666, Wq. 183/4
  • Conductor: Gustav Leonhardt
  • Running Time: 11 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1775-1776

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Symphony for strings & continuo in B minor (Sei sinfonie no 5), H. 661, Wq. 182/5
  • Conductor: Gustav Leonhardt
  • Running Time: 10 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1773

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for Oboe in E flat major, Wq 165/H 468
  • Performer: Ku Ebbinge (Oboe)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Running Time: 20 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1765

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for Oboe in B flat major, Wq 164/H 466
  • Performer: Ku Ebbinge (Oboe)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Running Time: 20 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1765

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for oboe & continuo in G minor, H. 549, Wq. 135
  • Performer: Ku Ebbinge (Oboe)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Running Time: 8 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: by 1736

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for flute, strings & continuo in D minor, H. 426, Wq. 22
  • Performer: Konrad Hünteler (Flute)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Running Time: 22 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: after 1747

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for flute, strings & continuo in A major, H. 438, Wq. 168
  • Performer: Konrad Hünteler (Flute)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Running Time: 18 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1753

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for flute, strings & continuo in B flat major, H. 435, Wq. 167
  • Performer: Konrad Hünteler (Flute)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Running Time: 21 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1751

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for flute, strings & continuo in G major, H. 445, Wq. 169
  • Performer: Konrad Hünteler (Flute)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Running Time: 23 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: after 1755

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for flute, strings & continuo in A minor, H. 431, Wq. 166
  • Performer: Konrad Hünteler (Flute)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Running Time: 22 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1750

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Double Concerto for 2 harpsichords, 2 horns, strings & continuo in F major, H. 408, Wq. 46
  • Performers: Tini Mathot (Harpsichord); Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Running Time: 24 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1740

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for cello, strings & continuo ("No. 3") in A major, H. 439, Wq. 172
  • Performer: Anner Bylsma (Cello)
  • Conductor: Gustav Leonhardt
  • Notes: All Saints' Church, Petersham (11/18/1988-11/20/1988)
  • Running Time: 19 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1753

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for Cello no 1 in A minor, Wq 170/H 432
  • Performer: Anner Bylsma (Cello)
  • Conductor: Gustav Leonhardt
  • Notes: All Saints' Church, Petersham (11/18/1988-11/20/1988)
  • Running Time: 25 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1750

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for cello, strings & continuo ("No. 2") in B flat major, H. 436, Wq. 171
  • Performer: Anner Bylsma (Cello)
  • Conductor: Gustav Leonhardt
  • Notes: All Saints' Church, Petersham (11/18/1988-11/20/1988)
  • Running Time: 24 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1751

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for harpsichord, 2 flutes, 2 horns, strings & continuo in C minor (Sei Concerti no 4), H.
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Bob Asperen
  • Ensemble: Melante Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 11 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1771

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for harpsichord, 2 flutes, 2 horns, strings & continuo in G major (Sei Concerti no 5), H.
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Bob Asperen
  • Ensemble: Melante Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 12 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1771

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for harpsichord, 2 flutes, 2 horns, strings & continuo in D minor (Sei Concerti no 2), H.
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Bob Asperen
  • Ensemble: Melante Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 18 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1771

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for harpsichord, 2 flutes, 2 horns, strings & continuo in C major (Sei Concerti no 6), H.
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Bob Asperen
  • Ensemble: Melante Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 16 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1771

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for harpsichord, 2 flutes, 2 horns, strings & continuo in E flat major (Sei Concerti no 3)
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Bob Asperen
  • Ensemble: Melante Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 14 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1771

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for Harpsichord in F major, Wq 42/H471
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Bob Asperen
  • Ensemble: Melante Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 14 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1771

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in F major (Prussian Sonata no 1), H. 24, Wq. 48/1
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1741

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in B flat major (Prussian Sonata no 2), H. 25, Wq. 48/2
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1740

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in E major (Prussian Sonata no 3), H. 26, Wq. 48/3
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1741

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in C minor (Prussian Sonata no 4), H. 27, Wq. 48/4
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1741

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in C major (Prussian Sonata no 5), H.28, Wq. 48/5
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1741

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in A major (Prussian Sonata no 6), H. 29, Wq. 48/6
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1742

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonatas (6) for Keyboard, Wq 49
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1742

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in A flat major (Württemberg Sonata no 2), H. 31, Wq. 49/2
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1742

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in E minor (Württemberg Sonata no 3), H. 33, Wq. 49/3
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1742

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in B flat major (Württemberg Sonata no 4), H. 32, Wq. 49/4
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1742

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in E flat major (Württemberg Sonata no 5), H. 34, Wq. 49/5
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1742

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in B minor (Württemberg Sonata no 6), H. 36, Wq. 49/6
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1742

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Concerto for keyboard solo in C major, H. 190, Wq. 112/1
  • Performer: Bob Asperen (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 19 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1765

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo, for keyboard no 3 in B flat major (Kenner IV/5), H. 267, Wq. 58/5
  • Performer: Alan Curtis (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1779

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo, for keyboard no 1 in E flat major (Kenner VI/1), H. 288, Wq. 61/1
  • Performer: Alan Curtis (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1786

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo, for keyboard no 2 in C minor (Kenner V/4), H. 283, Wq. 59/4
  • Performer: Alan Curtis (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1784

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo for Keyboard in C major, Wq 56 no 1/H 260
  • Performer: Alan Curtis (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1778

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo, for keyboard no 3 in A minor (Kenner II/5), H. 262, Wq. 56/5
  • Performer: Alan Curtis (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1778

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Fantasia, for keyboard in C major (Kenner VI/6), H. 291, Wq. 61/6
  • Performer: Alan Curtis (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1786

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo, for keyboard no 2 in G major (Kenner II/3), H. 271, Wq. 57/3
  • Performer: Alan Curtis (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1780

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo, for keyboard no 2 in E major (Kenner IV/3), H. 274, Wq. 58/3
  • Performer: Alan Curtis (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1781

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Rondo, for keyboard no 1 in E major (Kenner III/1), H. 265, Wq. 57/1
  • Performer: Alan Curtis (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1779

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for organ (or harpsichord) in A major, H. 133, Wq. 70/1
  • Performer: Herbert Tachezi (Organ)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1758

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for organ (or harpsichord) in B flat major, H. 134, Wq. 70/2
  • Performer: Herbert Tachezi (Organ)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1758

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for organ in F major, H. 84, Wq. 70/3
  • Performer: Herbert Tachezi (Organ)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1755

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for organ in A minor, H. 85, Wq. 70/4
  • Performer: Herbert Tachezi (Organ)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1755

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for organ in D major, H. 86, Wq. 70/5
  • Performer: Herbert Tachezi (Organ)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1755

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for organ in G minor, H. 87, Wq. 70/6
  • Performer: Herbert Tachezi (Organ)
  • Running Time: 12 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1755

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Auferstehung und Himmelfahrt Jesu, oratorio for 3 voices, chorus, orchestra & continuo, H. 777, Wq.
  • Performer: Herbert Tachezi (Organ)
  • Conductor: Philippe Herreweghe
  • Running Time: 72 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1774-1780