1 800 222 6872

The Hilliard Sound: Renaissance Masterpieces - works by Johannes Ockeghem, Josquin Des Prez, Orlando Lassus / The Hilliard Ensemble

Album Summary

>Ockeghem, Johannes : Missa pro defunctis
>Ockeghem, Johannes : MEDLEY
>Desprez, Josquin : Ave Maria... virgo serena, motet for 4 parts
>Desprez, Josquin : Absalon, Fili Mi, motet for 4 parts (poss. spurious)
>Desprez, Josquin : Veni, Sancte Spiritus, motet for 6 parts (doubtful)
>Desprez, Josquin : De profundis, motet for 4 parts (poss. spurious)
>Desprez, Josquin : Scaramella va alla guerra à 4
>Desprez, Josquin : In te Domini speravi, frittola or motet for 4 parts
>Desprez, Josquin : El grillo, song for 4 parts
>Desprez, Josquin : Mille regretz, song for 4 parts
>Desprez, Josquin : Petite camusette, song for 6 parts
>Desprez, Josquin : Je me complains, song for 5 parts
>Desprez, Josquin : A l'omber d'ung buissonet, Au matinet, song for 3 parts
>Desprez, Josquin : Je ne me puis tenir d'aimer, song for 5 parts
>Desprez, Josquin : Nymphes des bois/Requiem aeternam/Deploration de la Mort de Jehan Ockeghem, lament for 5 parts
>Lassus, Orlando de : Miserere mei Deus, motet for 5 voices (4th part of Psalmi Davidis poenitentiales)
>Lassus, Orlando de : Domine exaudi... non avertas, motet for 5 voices (5th part of Psalmi Davidis poenitentiales)
>Lassus, Orlando de : De profundis (6th part of Psalmi Davidis poenitentiales), motet for 5 voices
>Lassus, Orlando de : Domine exaudi... auribus percipe (7th part of Psalmi Davidis poenitentiales), motet for 5 voices
Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

As of 2013, following a lapse of some ten years, the famed Erato imprint has been reborn. - The award-winning Hilliard Ensemble is embarking on their final, farewell tour in 2014. This triple-disc anthology, consisting of recordings from their decade-long fruitful association with the EMI Reflexe label, is being released in conjunction with this tour.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Ockeghem, Johannes : Missa pro defunctis
  • Ensemble: Hilliard Ensemble
  • Running Time: 5 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1450-1480

>Ockeghem, Johannes : MEDLEY
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1450-1480

>Desprez, Josquin : Ave Maria... virgo serena, motet for 4 parts
  • Running Time: 6 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1497

>Desprez, Josquin : Absalon, Fili Mi, motet for 4 parts (poss. spurious)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1497

>Desprez, Josquin : Veni, Sancte Spiritus, motet for 6 parts (doubtful)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Desprez, Josquin : De profundis, motet for 4 parts (poss. spurious)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1500-1521

>Desprez, Josquin : Scaramella va alla guerra à 4
  • Running Time: 1 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1475-1520

>Desprez, Josquin : In te Domini speravi, frittola or motet for 4 parts
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1500-1521

>Desprez, Josquin : El grillo, song for 4 parts
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1505

>Desprez, Josquin : Mille regretz, song for 4 parts
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1480s

>Desprez, Josquin : Petite camusette, song for 6 parts
  • Running Time: 1 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Desprez, Josquin : Je me complains, song for 5 parts
  • Running Time: 2 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Desprez, Josquin : A l'omber d'ung buissonet, Au matinet, song for 3 parts
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Desprez, Josquin : Je ne me puis tenir d'aimer, song for 5 parts
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Desprez, Josquin : Nymphes des bois/Requiem aeternam/Deploration de la Mort de Jehan Ockeghem, lament for 5 parts
  • Running Time: 5 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1497

>Lassus, Orlando de : Miserere mei Deus, motet for 5 voices (4th part of Psalmi Davidis poenitentiales)
  • Running Time: 22 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Lassus, Orlando de : Domine exaudi... non avertas, motet for 5 voices (5th part of Psalmi Davidis poenitentiales)
  • Running Time: 23 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Lassus, Orlando de : De profundis (6th part of Psalmi Davidis poenitentiales), motet for 5 voices
  • Running Time: 9 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Lassus, Orlando de : Domine exaudi... auribus percipe (7th part of Psalmi Davidis poenitentiales), motet for 5 voices
  • Running Time: 15 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance