1 800 222 6872

Mendelssohn: Songs without Words, complete / Balazs Szokolay, piano [2 CDs]

Audio Samples

  1. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 19: VI. Andante sostenuto in G Minor "Venetian Gondola Song" $0.99 on iTunes
  2. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 19: V. Agitato in F-Sharp Minor $0.99 on iTunes
  3. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 19: I. Andante con moto in E Major $0.99 on iTunes
  4. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 19: II. Andante espressivo in A Minor $0.99 on iTunes
  5. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 19: III. Molto allegro in A Major "Jägerlied" $0.99 on iTunes
  6. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 19: IV. Moderato in A Major $0.99 on iTunes
  7. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 30: VI. Allegretto in F-Sharp Minor "Venetian Gondola Song" $0.99 on iTunes
  8. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 30: V. Andante grazioso in D Major $0.99 on iTunes
  9. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 30: IV. Agitato e con fuoco in B Minor $0.99 on iTunes
  10. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 30: III. Andante sostenuto in E Major $0.99 on iTunes
  11. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 30: II. Allegro di molto in B-Flat Minor $0.99 on iTunes
  12. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 30: I. Andante espressivo in E-Flat Major $0.99 on iTunes
  13. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 38: VI. Andante con moto in A-Flat Major "Duetto" $0.99 on iTunes
  14. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 38: III. Presto in E Major $0.99 on iTunes
  15. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 38: IV. Andante in A Major $0.99 on iTunes
  16. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 38: V. Agitato in A Minor $0.99 on iTunes
  17. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 38: II. Allegro non troppo in C Minor $0.99 on iTunes
  18. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 38: I. Con moto in E-Flat Major $0.99 on iTunes
  19. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 53: III. Presto agitato in G Minor $0.99 on iTunes
  20. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 53: II. Allegro non troppo in E-Flat Major $0.99 on iTunes
  21. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 53: I. Andante con moto in A-Flat Major $0.99 on iTunes
  22. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 53: IV. Adagio in F Major $0.99 on iTunes
  23. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 53: V. Allegro in A Minor "Volkslied" $0.99 on iTunes
  24. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 53: VI. Molto allegro vivace in A Major $0.99 on iTunes
  25. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 62: VI. Andante grazioso in A Major "Frühlingslied" $0.99 on iTunes
  26. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 62: V. Andante in A Minor "Venetian Gondola Song" $0.99 on iTunes
  27. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 62: III. Andante maestoso in E Minor "Trauermarsch" $0.99 on iTunes
  28. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 62: IV. Allegro con anima in G Major $0.99 on iTunes
  29. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 62: I. Andante espressivo in G Major $0.99 on iTunes
  30. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 62: II. Allegro con fuoco in B-Flat Major $0.99 on iTunes
  31. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 62: III. Andante tranquillo in B-Flat Major $0.99 on iTunes
  32. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 67: I. Andante in E-Flat Major $0.99 on iTunes
  33. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 67: IV. Presto in C Major "Spinnerlied" $0.99 on iTunes
  34. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 67: II. Allegro leggiero in F-Sharp Minor $0.99 on iTunes
  35. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 67: V. Moderato in B Minor $0.99 on iTunes
  36. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 67: VI. Allegretto non troppo in E Major $0.99 on iTunes
  37. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 85: II. Allegro agitato in A Minor $0.99 on iTunes
  38. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 85: I. Andante espressivo in F Major $0.99 on iTunes
  39. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 85: V. Allegretto in A Major $0.99 on iTunes
  40. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 85: IV. Andante sostenuto in D Major $0.99 on iTunes
  41. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 85: VI. Allegretto con moto in B-Flat Major $0.99 on iTunes
  42. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 85: III. Presto in E-Flat Major $0.99 on iTunes
  43. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 102: I. Andante un poco agitato in E Minor $0.99 on iTunes
  44. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 102: III. Presto in C Major $0.99 on iTunes
  45. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 102: VI. Andante in C Major $0.99 on iTunes
  46. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 102: V. Allegro vivace in A Major "Kinderstück" $0.99 on iTunes
  47. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 102: II. Adagio in D Major $0.99 on iTunes
  48. Mendelssohn — Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 102: IV. Un poco agitato in G Minor $0.99 on iTunes
  49. Mendelssohn — Reiterlied in D Minor $0.99 on iTunes

Album Summary

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 6 in G minor ("Venetianisches Gondellied"), Op. 19b/6
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 19b/5
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 19
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 1, Op. 19b
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 4 in A major, Op. 19b/4
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 2, Op. 30
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 11 in D major, Op. 30/5
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 10 in B minor, Op. 30/4
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 8 in B flat minor, Op. 30/2
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Albumblatt for Piano in E minor, Op. 117
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 38/3 (Presto e molto vivace)
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 16 in A major, Op. 38/4
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 38/5 (Agitato)
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 14 in C minor, Op. 38/2
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 13 in E flat major, Op. 38/1
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 21 in G minor, Op. 53/3
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 4, Op. 53
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 19 in A flat major, Op. 53/1
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Adagio in F major, Op. 53/4 (from Lieder ohne Worte)
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 23 in A minor ("Volkslied"), Op. 53/5
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 24 in A major, Op. 53/6
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words, Op. 62 no 5, Venetian Gondola Song
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 62/3 (Andante maestoso)
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 28 in G major, Op. 62/4
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 62/1 (Andante espressivo)
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 5, Op. 62
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 33 in B flat major, Op. 67/3
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 6, Op. 67
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 67/4 (Presto)
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 67/2 (Allegro leggiero)
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 36 in E major, Op. 67/6
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 38 in A minor, Op. 85/2
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 37 in F major, Op. 85/1
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 7, Op. 85
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words no 40
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 42 in B flat major, Op. 85/6
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 39 in E flat major, Op. 85/3
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 43 in E minor, Op. 102/1
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 8, Op. 102
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 48 in C major, Op. 102/6
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 47 in A major ("Kinderstuck"), Op. 102/5
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 44 in D major, Op. 102/2
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 46 in G minor, Op. 102/4
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano in D minor ("Reiterlied")
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

This 2-CD set contains a new recording of the complete Lieder ohne Worte (Songs without Words) by Felix Mendelssohn. These ever popular works, often of deceptively "simple" language and writing, contain a wealth of moods, from simple innocent beauty to dark or even sinister undercurrents, from good natured joyfulness to frantic energy. Hungarian master pianist Balázs Szokolay catches the atmosphere of each piece perfectly, displaying a superb command over technique and musical content, never falling into the trap of sentimentality or cheap effect.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Studio I Musicanti, Rome (09/2012).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 6 in G minor ("Venetianisches Gondellied"), Op. 19b/6
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 10/16/1830.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 10/16/1830

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 19b/5
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 1829-1830

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 19
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 1829-1830

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 1, Op. 19b
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 12/11/1830

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 1, Op. 19b
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 09/14/1829

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 4 in A major, Op. 19b/4
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 09/14/1829

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 2, Op. 30
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: Circa 1830-34.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 1830-1834

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 11 in D major, Op. 30/5
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 12/12/1833

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 10 in B minor, Op. 30/4
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 01/30/1834

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 2, Op. 30
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 01/30/1834

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 8 in B flat minor, Op. 30/2
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 06/26/1830

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 2, Op. 30
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 06/26/1830

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Albumblatt for Piano in E minor, Op. 117
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 06/27/1836

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 38/3 (Presto e molto vivace)
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 01/02/1835

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 16 in A major, Op. 38/4
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: by 09/09/1836

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 38/5 (Agitato)
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 04/05/1837

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 14 in C minor, Op. 38/2
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 03/29/1836

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 13 in E flat major, Op. 38/1
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 02/1837-04/1

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 21 in G minor, Op. 53/3
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 03/14/1839

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 4, Op. 53
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 02/24/1835

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 19 in A flat major, Op. 53/1
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 02/28/1839

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Adagio in F major, Op. 53/4 (from Lieder ohne Worte)
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 05/01/1841

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 23 in A minor ("Volkslied"), Op. 53/5
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 04/30/1841

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 24 in A major, Op. 53/6
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 05/01/1841

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 06/01/1842

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words, Op. 62 no 5, Venetian Gondola Song
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 01/24/1841.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 01/24/1841

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 62/3 (Andante maestoso)
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 01/19/1843

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 28 in G major, Op. 62/4
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 1841-1843

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 62/1 (Andante espressivo)
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 01/12/1844

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 5, Op. 62
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 07/29/1843

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 33 in B flat major, Op. 67/3
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 11/23/1844

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 6, Op. 67
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 07/29/1843

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 67/4 (Presto)
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 05/05/1845

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 67/2 (Allegro leggiero)
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 04/05/1839

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 6, Op. 67
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 01/05/1844

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 36 in E major, Op. 67/6
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 04/29/1841

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 38 in A minor, Op. 85/2
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 06/09/1834

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 37 in F major, Op. 85/1
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 1834-1845

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 7, Op. 85
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 05/07/1845

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words no 40
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 05/06/1845

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 42 in B flat major, Op. 85/6
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 05/01/1841

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 39 in E flat major, Op. 85/3
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 08/19/1835

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 43 in E minor, Op. 102/1
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 06/01/1842

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Songs without words, vol 8, Op. 102
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 12/12/1845

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 48 in C major, Op. 102/6
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 1834-1845

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 47 in A major ("Kinderstück"), Op. 102/5
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 12/12/1845

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 44 in D major, Op. 102/2
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 05/11/1845

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 46 in G minor, Op. 102/4
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 02/04/1841

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano in D minor ("Reiterlied")
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 12/12/1844