- Lori Laitman — I Did Not Manage to Save $0.99 on iTunes
- Lori Laitman — How Can I See You, Love $0.99 on iTunes
- Lori Laitman — Both Your Mothers $0.99 on iTunes
- Lori Laitman — What Luck $0.99 on iTunes
- Lori Laitman — Massacre of the Boys $0.99 on iTunes
- Lori Laitman — Race $0.99 on iTunes
- Lori Laitman — Holocaust 1944 $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
Lori Laitman's Holocaust 1944 is a song cycle for baritone and double bass. The poems were chosen from the book Holocaust Poetry, edited by Hilda Schiff. The Holocaust was the defining moment in the lives of these five writers, and their poetry allows us to identify with their collective experience, making the horror of these years seem more immediate and real. Their words teach the lesson of the Holocaust to a new generation, heroically declaring "Never again."Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Concert Hall of Drew University, Dorothy Young Center f (05/26/2012-05/28/2012).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Charlie Haden: In Montreal
Gone Away / Chamber work by Bartok, Beaser, de Falla
Pilgrimage: New Works for Guitar & Double Bass / Matthew Slotkin, guitar; Craig Butterfield, bass
Giovanni Bottesini (1821-1889): Duetto; Capriccio, Op. 19; Gran Quintetto, Op. 99 / Davide Ghio, double bass; Elda Laro, piano; Alessandro Dorella, clarinet
Brochocka & Weinberg: Double Bass Works / Karol Kowal, double bass; Katarzyna Brochocka, piano
Duo Brilliante: Virtuosic Concertos for Violin & Double Bass by Bottesini, Svendsen, Wieniawski, & Borgstrøm / Arvid Engegård, violin; Knut Erik Sundquist, bass; Norwegian Radio Orch.; Hansen
Works DetailsLaitman, Lori : Holocaust 1944, songs for voice & double bass
- Performers: Dashon Burton (Bass Baritone); Logan Coale (Double Bass)
- Notes: Concert Hall of Drew University, Dorothy Young Center for the Arts, Drew University, Madison, NJ (05/26/2012-05/28/2012)
- Running Time: 27 min. 12 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Written: 1996