- Moscow Radio Symphony Orchestra
- Moscow Radio Symphony Orchestra Chamber Ensemble
- Moscow RTV Symphony Orchestra Chamber Ensemble
Notes & Reviews:
Georgy Sviridov's best known works are intimately linked with the name of Pushkin. The score to the film The Blizzard, after Pushkin's novel, was composed in 1964. It has outlived the film, becoming a self-sufficient and incredibly popular symphonic piece. Pushkin's Garland, for soloists, choir and instrumental ensemble, was the composer's offering for the poet's 180th anniversary. This choir cycle opened a new page of Sviridov's creative path, anticipating his late vocal opuses.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Erkel: Opera Transcriptions / Istvan Kassai
Estampie - instrumental music from the 13th century / Ensemble Nu:n
Transcriptions & Paraphrases for Piano by Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov, Rimsky-Korsakov, Ljadow / Florian Noack, piano
Moritz Landgraf von Hessen (1592-1627): Sacred & Secular Works / Manfred Cordes
Scott Wheeler (b.1952): Crazy Weather / Gil Rose
Horizon, Vol. 5 - James MacMillan: Hodie per Nascitur; Detlev Glanert: Insonmium; Klaas de Vries: Profidence; Kaija Saariaho: Circle Map
Reservoirs: Orchestral works by Guto Pryderi Puw (b.1971) / David Cowley, oboe; BBC Nat'l Orchl of Wales
Ross Harris (b.1945): Cello Concerto; Symphony No. 4 'To the Memory of Mahinarangi Tocker' / Li-Wei Qin, cello; Robert Ashworth, viola
Mohammed Fairouz (b.1985): Symphony No. 3 'Poems and Prayers'; Tahrir / Sasha Cooke, mz; David Kravitz, baritone; David Krakauer, clarinet
Works DetailsSvirido, Georgy Vasilevich : Snow-Storm (Metel'; Schneesturm), 9 orchestral illustrations after Pushkin's story
- Performers: Natalia Gerasimova (Voice); Alexander Vedernikov (Bass)
- Conductor: Vladimir Fedoseyev
- Ensemble: Moscow Radio Symphony Orchestra
- Running Time: 3 min. 11 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Written: 1965
Svirido, Georgy Vasilevich : Concerto for chorus ("Pushkin's Garland")
- Performers: Alexander Vedernikov (Bass); Natalia Gerasimova (Voice)
- Conductor: Vladimir Minin
- Ensemble: Moscow RTV Symphony Orchestra Chamber Ensemble
- Running Time: 32 min. 42 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Concerto
- Written: 1979