1 800 222 6872

John Dowland: Shadows / Sarah Maria Sun, soprano; Jochen Feucht, sax; Friedmann Wuttke, guitar; Werner Matzke, cello

Album Summary

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Go crystal tears, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Can she excuse my wrongs, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mr Dowland's Midnight, almain for lute, P 99
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Come again, sweet love doth now invite, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Flow, my tears, fall from your springs, for 2 voices & lute (Second Book of Songs)
>Feucht, Jochen : Dowland Shadows, for saxophone
>Dowland, John [Composer] : I saw my lady weep, for 2 voices & lute (Second Book of Song)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Fine knacks for ladies, for 4 voices & lute (Second Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Come, heavy sleep, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Now, O now I needs must part, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : In darkness let me dwell, for voice, lute & bass viol (A Musicall Banquet)
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mellancoly Galliard, for lute, P 25
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Weep you no more, sad fountains, for 4 voices & lute (Third Book of Songs)
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

In this quartet the baroque cello and the guitar form a harmonious base upon which the voice and saxophone unfold. Both take up the melodies alone and together, the sax breaks free and improvises with John Dowland's wonderful music. The cello too gives an impressive rendering of its singing possibilities. Between the singing there are four fragments for solo guitar by the English expressionist Reginald Smith-Brindle, which create a harmonious bridge between the individual songs.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Ehemalige Synagoge Freudental (2013).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Go crystal tears, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Jochen Feucht (Saxophone); Sarah Sun (Voice); Friedemann Wuttke (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1597

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Can she excuse my wrongs, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Jochen Feucht (Saxophone); Sarah Sun (Voice); Friedemann Wuttke (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1597

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mr Dowland's Midnight, almain for lute, P 99
  • Performers: Jochen Feucht (Saxophone); Friedemann Wuttke (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1626

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Come again, sweet love doth now invite, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Jochen Feucht (Saxophone); Sarah Sun (Voice); Friedemann Wuttke (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1597

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Flow, my tears, fall from your springs, for 2 voices & lute (Second Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Jochen Feucht (Saxophone); Sarah Sun (Voice); Friedemann Wuttke (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1600

>Feucht, Jochen : Dowland Shadows, for saxophone
  • Performers: Jochen Feucht (Saxophone); Friedemann Wuttke (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Dowland, John [Composer] : I saw my lady weep, for 2 voices & lute (Second Book of Song)
  • Performers: Jochen Feucht (Saxophone); Sarah Sun (Voice); Friedemann Wuttke (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1600

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Fine knacks for ladies, for 4 voices & lute (Second Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Jochen Feucht (Saxophone); Sarah Sun (Voice); Friedemann Wuttke (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: by 1600

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Come, heavy sleep, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Jochen Feucht (Saxophone); Sarah Sun (Voice); Friedemann Wuttke (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1597

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Now, O now I needs must part, for 4 voices & lute (First Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Jochen Feucht (Saxophone); Friedemann Wuttke (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1597

>Dowland, John [Composer] : In darkness let me dwell, for voice, lute & bass viol (A Musicall Banquet)
  • Performers: Jochen Feucht (Saxophone); Sarah Sun (Voice); Friedemann Wuttke (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1610

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mellancoly Galliard, for lute, P 25
  • Performers: Jochen Feucht (Saxophone); Friedemann Wuttke (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1626

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Weep you no more, sad fountains, for 4 voices & lute (Third Book of Songs)
  • Performers: Jochen Feucht (Saxophone); Sarah Sun (Voice); Friedemann Wuttke (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1603