1 800 222 6872

Fauré: The Complete Music for Piano / Kathryn Stoff, piano [4 CDs]

Album Summary

>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 1 in E flat major, Op. 25
>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 2 in F minor, Op. 31
>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 3 in A flat major, Op. 34
>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 4 in D flat major, Op. 91
>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 102
>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 6 in D flat major (transcribed from Impromptu for harp by Cortot), Op. 86bis
>Fauré, Gabriel : Thème et variations, for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 73
>Fauré, Gabriel : Romances sans paroles (3) for piano, Op. 17
>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 1 in A major, Op. 30
>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 2 in D flat major, Op. 38
>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 3 in G flat major, Op. 59
>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 4 in A flat major, Op. 62
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 1 in A minor, Op. 26
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 2 in G major, Op. 41
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 3 in G flat major, Op. 42
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 4 in A flat major, Op. 44
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 66
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 6 in E flat major, Op. 70
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 7 in D minor, Op. 90
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 8 in D flat major, Op. 96
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 9 in A minor, Op. 101
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 10 in A minor, Op. 104/2
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 11 in G minor, Op. 105
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for Piano no 12 in E flat major, Op. 106bis
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 13 in C major, Op. 116
>Fauré, Gabriel : Ballade for Piano and Orchestra in F sharp major, Op. 19
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for Piano no 1 in E flat minor, Op. 33 no 1
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 2 in B major, Op. 33/2
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 3 in A flat major, Op.33/3
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 4 in E major, Op. 36
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 5 in B flat major, Op. 37
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 6 in D flat major, Op. 63
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 74
>Gabriel Fauré / André Mes : Souvenirs de Bayreuth, for piano, 4 hands ("Fantaisie en forme de quadrille ...de R. Wagner")
>Fauré, Gabriel : Pièces brèves (8), for piano, Op. 84
>Fauré, Gabriel : Dolly, Op. 56
>Fauré, Gabriel : Préludes (9) for piano, Op. 103
>Fauré, Gabriel : Mazurka for piano in B flat major, Op. 32
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 8 in D flat major (also in Huit pièces brèves), Op. 84/8
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 9 in B minor, Op. 97
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 10 in B minor, Op. 99
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 11 in F sharp minor, Op. 104/1
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 12 in E minor, Op. 107
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 13 in B minor, Op. 119
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

This welcome release presents all of Kathryn Stott superb recordings of Fauré's piano music, critically acclaimed as benchmark performances, at a special low price. It offers the listeners just under five hours of pure, unadulterated pleasure. Fauré's major sets of piano works include thirteen nocturnes, thirteen barcarolles, six impromptus, and four valses-caprices. These sets were composed during several decades in his long career, and display the change in his style from uncomplicated youthful charm to a final enigmatic, but sometimes fiery introspection, by way of a turbulent period in his middle years. His other notable piano pieces, including shorter works, or collections composed or published as a set, are the Romances sans paroles, Thème et variations and Huit pièces brèves.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 1 in E flat major, Op. 25
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1881

>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 2 in F minor, Op. 31
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1883

>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 3 in A flat major, Op. 34
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1883

>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 4 in D flat major, Op. 91
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1905

>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 102
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1909

>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 6 in D flat major (transcribed from Impromptu for harp by Cortot), Op. 86bis
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1904

>Fauré, Gabriel : Thème et variations, for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 73
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1895

>Fauré, Gabriel : Romances sans paroles (3) for piano, Op. 17
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1863

>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 1 in A major, Op. 30
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1882

>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 2 in D flat major, Op. 38
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 07/1884

>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 3 in G flat major, Op. 59
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1887-1893

>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 4 in A flat major, Op. 62
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1893-1894

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 1 in A minor, Op. 26
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1881

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 2 in G major, Op. 41
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 08/1885

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 3 in G flat major, Op. 42
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 4 in A flat major, Op. 44
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1886

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 66
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 09/1894

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 6 in E flat major, Op. 70
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1895

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 7 in D minor, Op. 90
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 08/1905

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 8 in D flat major, Op. 96
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1906

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 9 in A minor, Op. 101
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1909

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 10 in A minor, Op. 104/2
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 10/1913

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 11 in G minor, Op. 105
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1913

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for Piano no 12 in E flat major, Op. 106bis
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 09/1915

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 13 in C major, Op. 116
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 02/1921

>Fauré, Gabriel : Ballade for Piano and Orchestra in F sharp major, Op. 19
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 04/1881

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for Piano no 1 in E flat minor, Op. 33 no 1
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1875

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 2 in B major, Op. 33/2
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1881

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 3 in A flat major, Op.33/3
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1883

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 4 in E major, Op. 36
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1884

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 5 in B flat major, Op. 37
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1884

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 6 in D flat major, Op. 63
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 74
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1898

>Gabriel Fauré / André Mes : Souvenirs de Bayreuth, for piano, 4 hands ("Fantaisie en forme de quadrille ...de R. Wagner")
  • Performers: Martin Roscoe (Piano); Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1888

>Fauré, Gabriel : Pièces brèves (8), for piano, Op. 84
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1869-1902

>Fauré, Gabriel : Dolly, Op. 56
  • Performers: Martin Roscoe (Piano); Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1893-1896

>Fauré, Gabriel : Préludes (9) for piano, Op. 103
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 21 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1909-1910

>Fauré, Gabriel : Mazurka for piano in B flat major, Op. 32
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1875

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 8 in D flat major (also in Huit pièces brèves), Op. 84/8
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 9 in B minor, Op. 97
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1908

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 10 in B minor, Op. 99
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1908

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 11 in F sharp minor, Op. 104/1
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1913

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 12 in E minor, Op. 107
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1915

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 13 in B minor, Op. 119
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Notes: St George's Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol (1994-06-20_1994-06-23&1994-)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1921