1 800 222 6872

Handel: The Eight Great Keyboard Suites / Danny Driver, piano

Album Summary

>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for Harpsichord in A major, HWV 426
>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for Harpsichord in F major, HWV 427
>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for Harpsichord in D minor, HWV 428
>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for keyboard (Suite de piece), Vol.1, no 4 in E minor, HWV 429
>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for Harpsichord in E major, HWV 430
>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for keyboard (Suite de piece), Vol.1, no 6 in F sharp minor, HWV 431
>Handel, George Frideric : Suite no 7 (as used in the film "Got Rot Tunbridge Wells")
>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for Harpsichord in F minor, HWV 433
>Handel, George Frideric : Partita for keyboard in C minor, HWV 444
>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for Harpsichord in B flat major, HWV 434
>Handel, George Frideric : Chaconne and Variations (21) for Harpsichord in G major, HWV 435
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Danny Driver's recordings of C.P.E. Bach's keyboard works have been praised by critics as deeply stylish and revelatory accounts of eighteenth-century works on a modern piano. Now he turns to Handel's Eight Great Suites, largely written when the composer was living in England. They are an inspired, idiosyncratic amalgam of Gallic courtly dances, Italian vocal lyricism, Teutonic counterpoint and robust English tunefulness. Whereas Bach's keyboard suites follow broadly similar patterns, Handel's are unpredictable, with no two suites alike in the number and ordering of their movements. There are fugues, arias with variations, Italian-style sonata movements and even a Passacaglia. Compared with the elaborate finish of Bach's suites, Handel's often give the impression of written-down improvisations. In the fantasia-like Preludes, especially, Handel hints at his own genius as extemporizer, while leaving plenty to the performer's own imagination.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk (2013-01-29_2013-01-31&2013-).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for Harpsichord in A major, HWV 426
  • Performer: Danny Driver (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk (2013-01-29_2013-01-31&2013-)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1710-1717

>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for Harpsichord in F major, HWV 427
  • Performer: Danny Driver (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk (2013-01-29_2013-01-31&2013-)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1710-1717

>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for Harpsichord in D minor, HWV 428
  • Performer: Danny Driver (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk (2013-01-29_2013-01-31&2013-)
  • Running Time: 21 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1717-1720

>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for keyboard (Suite de piece), Vol.1, no 4 in E minor, HWV 429
  • Performer: Danny Driver (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk (2013-01-29_2013-01-31&2013-)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1710-1720

>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for Harpsichord in E major, HWV 430
  • Performer: Danny Driver (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk (2013-01-29_2013-01-31&2013-)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1710-1720

>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for keyboard (Suite de piece), Vol.1, no 6 in F sharp minor, HWV 431
  • Performer: Danny Driver (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk (2013-01-29_2013-01-31&2013-)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Handel, George Frideric : Suite no 7 (as used in the film "Got Rot Tunbridge Wells")
  • Performer: Danny Driver (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk (2013-01-29_2013-01-31&2013-)
  • Running Time: 20 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1705-1707

>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for Harpsichord in F minor, HWV 433
  • Performer: Danny Driver (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk (2013-01-29_2013-01-31&2013-)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1717-1720

>Handel, George Frideric : Partita for keyboard in C minor, HWV 444
  • Performer: Danny Driver (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk (2013-01-29_2013-01-31&2013-)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1705

>Handel, George Frideric : Suite for Harpsichord in B flat major, HWV 434
  • Performer: Danny Driver (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk (2013-01-29_2013-01-31&2013-)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1714

>Handel, George Frideric : Chaconne and Variations (21) for Harpsichord in G major, HWV 435
  • Performer: Danny Driver (Piano)
  • Notes: Potton Hall, Dunwich, Suffolk (2013-01-29_2013-01-31&2013-)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1705-1717