1 800 222 6872

Beethoven: The Complete Symphonies / Rudolf Barshai, Moscow CO

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
Conductor Ensembles Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The Moscow Chamber Orchestra, founded by Rudolf Barshai in 1959, was the first orchestra of its kind in this country and instantly became hugely popular. Its tours were an equal success both at home and overseas, and it sold an impressive number of records. These recordings of the Beethoven symphonies, realized between 1969-75 with the Moscow Chamber Orchestra and musicians from various Moscow symphony orchestras, were Barshai's first truly serious effort as a symphonic conductor.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
  • Conductor: Rudolf Barshai
  • Ensemble: Moscow Chamber Orchestra
  • Running Time: 27 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
  • Conductor: Rudolf Barshai
  • Running Time: 35 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1801-1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
  • Conductor: Rudolf Barshai
  • Running Time: 54 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
  • Conductor: Rudolf Barshai
  • Running Time: 32 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1807

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
  • Conductor: Rudolf Barshai
  • Running Time: 36 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
  • Conductor: Rudolf Barshai
  • Running Time: 42 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
  • Conductor: Rudolf Barshai
  • Running Time: 46 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
  • Conductor: Rudolf Barshai
  • Running Time: 27 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812