- Mahler — Symphony No. 9 in D Major: I. Andante comodo
- Mahler — Symphony No. 9 in D Major: II. Im Tempo eines gemächlichen Ländlers. Etwas täppisch und sehr derb
- Mahler — Symphony No. 9 in D Major: III. Rondo-Burleske: Allegro assai. Sehr trotzig
- Mahler — Symphony No. 9 in D Major: IV. Adagio. Sehr langsam und noch zurückhaltend
Notes & Reviews:
Gustav Mahler's Ninth Symphony is often viewed as a valedictory work, a final statement from the last symphonic master in the Austro-German musical tradition. Naturally, there is plenty of evidence to both confirm and complicate such a view, and a brief survey of that evidence allows the compelling story of Mahler's Ninth to begin to take shape. The Danish National Symphony Orchestra was founded as a radio orchestra in 1925 in connection with the launch of the Danish Broadcasting Corporation (DR), and consists of 99 musicians. The orchestra is based in the DR Concert Hall, one of Europe's most spectacular concert halls, which was inaugurated in 2009. The orchestra's strong, straightforward musical personality has its roots in its close links with Danish and other Nordic music.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Koncerthuset, DR Beyn, Copenhagen (01/05/2012/01/07/2012).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Voyage - Works by Various Composers / Emma Johnson, clarinet; John Lenehan, piano; Royal PO, Julian Reynolds
Ysaÿe: Sonatas for Solo Violin, Op. 27 / Karl Stobbe, violin
Schubert: String Quartet D. 956; Quartettsatz, D. 703 / Cypress String Quartet; Gary Hoffman: cello
Henry Purcell: Dido & Aeneas / Emily Van Evera, soprano; Ben Parry, baritone. Andrew Parrott
Dennis Russell Davies (Piano/Conductor): Philip Glass: Symphony No. 1 "Low"
Peter Maxwell Davies: The Lighthouse, opera / Neil Mackie, Christopher Keyte, Ian Comboy
Mendelssohn: Complete String Quartets - A survey of the 10 quartets performed by 10 different ensembles [4 CDs]
Andrea Luchesi (1741-1801): Unpublished Symphonies / Orch. Ferruccio Busoni, Belli
Clemens Krauss Conducts Richard Strauss: The Complete Decca Recordings - Tone poems, Salome / Pierre Fournier, Vienna PO
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 9 in D major
- Conductor: Michael Schoenwandt
- Ensemble: Danish National Symphony Orchestra
- Notes: Koncerthuset, DR Beyn, Copenhagen (01/05/2012/01/07/2012)
- Running Time: 80 min. 13 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1908-1909
- Studio/Live: Live