Notes & Reviews:
The Hanover Boys Choir sing the debut performance of Harald Weiss's requiem "Schwarz vor Augen und es ward Licht!" Colorful soundscapes are counterbalanced by soft, percussive elements: a flowing, meditative piece of music that does justice both to the work's thematic context as well as to the pure sound ideal of a boys' choir. Alongside the liturgical texts from the Latin Mass for the Dead, the composer has compiled his own libretto from the Bible and poetry from the 19th and 20th centuries.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: NDR Studios, Hannover, Germany (10/30/2009-10/31/2009).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsWeiss, Harald : Requiem ("Schwarz vor Augen und es ward Licht!")
- Performers: Gerrit Hulst (Boy Soprano); Daniel Buhl (Boy Soprano)
- Conductor: Jörg Breiding
- Ensemble: NDR Radio Philharmonic
- Notes: NDR Studios, Hannover, Germany (10/30/2009-10/31/2009)
- Running Time: 1 min. 35 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Choral