Notes & Reviews:
"Richard Bonynge's ability to persuade Decca to record out-of-the-way nineteenth-century French stage works has been to our repeated benefit over the past 40 years. Yet few of the results have been more welcome than this delightful operatice souffle...there is much...that brings out Sumi Jo's crystal-clear, effortless coloratura to marvellous effect, as well as showing off John Aler's ardent, elegant tenor and Michel Trempont's well-practised comic baritone. Delicious!" -Gramophone
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsAdam, Adolphe : Le Toreador, opera
- Performers: John Aler (Tenor); Jonathan Burgess (Flute); Sumi Jo (Soprano); Michel Trempont (Tenor)
- Conductor: Richard Bonynge
- Ensemble: Welsh National Opera Orchestra
- Notes: Bragwyn Hall, Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales (06/18/1996-06/23/1996)
- Running Time: 5 min. 59 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1849