Notes & Reviews:
"Mare Liberum," by The Hague composer Roel van Oosten, was commissioned by the Haags Toonkunstkoor and premiered in 2009 to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the publication of the treatise of the same name by Hugo Grotius, in 1609. Grotius' Mare Liberum (The Free Sea) contains important initial principles of international law.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Netherlands Broadcasting Music Center, Hilversum (10/05/2013/10/06/2013).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsOosten, Roel Van : Mare Liberum, for soprano, chorus & orchestra
- Performers: Frans Fiselier (Voice); Estefania Perdomo
- Conductor: Daan Admiraal
- Ensemble: VU Orchestra Amsterdam
- Notes: Netherlands Broadcasting Music Center, Hilversum (10/05/2013/10/06/2013)
- Running Time: 43 min. 21 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Cantata/Oratorio