- Nadine Secunde (Soprano)
- Rachel Sorensen (Voice)
- Gala Hadidi (Voice)
- Nadja McHantaf (Voice)
- Constance Heller (Voice)
- Simone Schröder (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
In the Strauss anniversary year, this is Deutsche Grammophon's new key audio release: a truly electrifying once in a lifetime performance of Strauss' Elektra in the Berlin Philharmonie from January 2014
The recording features today's dream cast for Elektra: Evelyn Herlitzius, Anne Schwanewilms, Waltraud Meier and René Pape, all under the expert baton of Strauss master Christian Thielemann.
Released on Strauss' 150th birthday (11.06.), it's just in time for Strauss celebrations at opera festivals in Europe.
This is a historic release since the opera was premiered in Dresden in 1909, with the Staatskapelle - and the orchestra recorded it only once before (in 1960: also for DG with Karl Böhm).
New York Times
... with this production the soprano Evelyn Herlitzius confirms her status as perhaps the finest Elektra of her generation.
Recording information: Berlin Philharmonie (01/28/2014).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsStrauss, Richard : Elektra, Op. 58
- Performers: Simone Schröder (Voice); Nadine Secunde (Soprano); Rachel Sorensen (Voice); Gala Hadidi (Voice); Nadja McHantaf (Voice); Constance Heller (Voice)
- Conductor: Christian Thielemann
- Ensemble: Staatskapelle Dresden
- Notes: Composition written: 1906-08.
- Running Time: 99 min. 16 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1906-1908