- Leopold Stokowski — Symphony No. 5 in E minor, Op.64: I. Andante - Allegro con anima
- Leopold Stokowski — Symphony No. 5 in E minor, Op.64: II. Andante cantabile, con alcuna licenza
- Leopold Stokowski — Symphony No. 5 in E minor, Op.64: III. Valse - Allegro moderato $0.99 on iTunes
- Leopold Stokowski — Symphony No. 5 in E minor, Op.64: IV. Andante maestoso - Allegro vivace
- Leopold Stokowski — Final rehearsals
Notes & Reviews:
Leopold Stokoswki conducted this symphony more often than any other Tchaikovsky symphony and, like audiences all over the world, considered it the work of genius that it undoubtedly is. The reaction of the audience filling the huge Royal Albert Hall at the magnificent performance presented by the 91-year-old Stokowski and his young orchestra is ample evidence of the love for this noble symphony. The performance was exclusively recorded by Cameo Classics. The rehearsals were also recorded, and illustrate the brevity with which Stokowski was able to instruct the players of many nationalities in order to obtain a performance of such individuality.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Royal Albert Hall, London (08/1973).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsTchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Symphony no 5 in E minor, Op. 64
- Conductor: Leopold Stokowski
- Running Time: 66 min. 38 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1888
- Studio/Live: Live