- La De Caze Ouverture $0.99 on iTunes
- La Ségur Gavotte $0.99 on iTunes
- La Monmartel Ou La Brunoys $0.99 on iTunes
- La Boullongne $0.99 on iTunes
- La Castelmore Air Champêtre $0.99 on iTunes
- La Courteille Air $0.99 on iTunes
- La Bellaud $0.99 on iTunes
- La Lamarck Ouverture $0.99 on iTunes
- La Berville Gavotte $0.99 on iTunes
- La Lugeac Giga $0.99 on iTunes
- La Suzanne $0.99 on iTunes
- La Genty Badine $0.99 on iTunes
- La Malesherbe Ariette Gracieuse — Air Gay. $0.99 on iTunes
- La Berryer Ou La Lamoignon Rondeau $0.99 on iTunes
- La Laporte $0.99 on iTunes
- La Morisseau $0.99 on iTunes
- Korneel Bernolet (Harpsichord)
Notes & Reviews:
Claude-Bénigne Balbastre enjoyed a very distinguished reputation as a harpsichordist, fortepianist, and organist in 18th-century France. Balbastre's Pièces de Clavecin from 1759 are influenced on the one hand by his royal and aristocratic patrons, and on the other by his contacts among the bourgeoisie, finding a stylistic balance between the two social classes. All the movements are character pieces dedicated either to members of the nobility, or to artists or other highly-placed individuals from the Parisian upper middle classes. The elevated style of French noblesse and grandeur are mirrored in the opening numbers.
Among the younger generation of baroque musicians in Belgium, the name Korneel Bernolet is one to be watched. He is an extremely fluent player gifted with indefatigable concentration ... a natural talent!
Recording information: Academiezaal Sint-Truiden, Belgium (11/19/2012-11/21/2012).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsClaude-Bénigne Balbastre (1727 - 1799) : Pièces de Clavecin, Book 1
- Performer: Korneel Bernolet (Harpsichord)
- Notes: Academiezaal Sint-Truiden, Belgium (11/19/2012-11/21/2012)
- Running Time: 4 min. 58 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Written: 1759