Notes & Reviews:
This is a church opera in three acts by Finnish composer Jyrki Linjama, who was born in 1962.
American Record Guide, September/October 2015
The performance is quite good, and I enjoyed hearing the nice lyric soprano of Langmayr as Mary and the warm contralto of Paavola's Elizabeth. Chorell's Gabriel is secure up into the countertenor range, and Ruutunen is a stalwart, sympathetic Zachary (the mostinteresting character here). The musicians are expert, and the sound is excellent. German texts are supplied, with English and Finnish translations.
Recording information: Kauniainen Church, Finland (2013-07-03&2013-07-05&2013-).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsLinjama, Jyrki : The Birth of the Baptist, opera
- Performers: Niall Chorell; Ursula Langmayr; Esa Ruuttenen
- Conductor: Juhani Lamminmaki
- Ensemble: Soli Doe Gloria Chamber Orchestra
- Notes: Kauniainen Church, Finland (2013-07-03&2013-07-05&2013-)
- Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Opera/Operetta