1 800 222 6872

Franz Tunder: Vocal and Organ Music

Album Summary

>Tunder, Franz : Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, cantata for voice & 3 violas
>Tunder, Franz : Praeludium for organ in F
>Tunder, Franz : Ein kleines Kindelein, sacred aria for voice & 5 strings
>Tunder, Franz : Ach Herr, lass deine lieben Engelein, cantata for voice & 4 strings
>Tunder, Franz : Prelude for organ, "Komm heiliger Geist Herre Gott"
>Tunder, Franz : O Jesu dulcissime, motet for bass, 2 violins & continuo
>Tunder, Franz : Praeludium for organ in G (Dorian) (i)
>Tunder, Franz : Jesus Christus unser Heiland, chorale variations for organ
>Tunder, Franz : Canzona for organ in G major
>Tunder, Franz : Salve coelestis pater, for bass, violin & continuo
>Tunder, Franz : An Wasserflüssen Babylons, cantata for voice & 5 strings
>Tunder, Franz : Auf meinen lieben Gott, for organ
>Tunder, Franz : Da mihi, Domine, for bass, 5 strings & continuo
Performer Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Franz Tunder is known as Buxtehude's precursor as the organist of St. Mary in Lübeck. His works offer the image of a multifaceted musician and composer, whose compositions were obviously influenced by the northern German tradition. This is reflected by the selection of rare compositions presented on this CD.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Jakobikirche, Lübeck (08/28/2013-08/30/2013).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Tunder, Franz : Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, cantata for voice & 3 violas
  • Performer: Arvid Gast (Organ)
  • Ensemble: La Dolcezza
  • Notes: Jakobikirche, Lübeck (08/28/2013-08/30/2013)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio

>Tunder, Franz : Praeludium for organ in F
  • Performer: Arvid Gast (Organ)
  • Ensemble: La Dolcezza
  • Notes: Jakobikirche, Lübeck (08/28/2013-08/30/2013)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Tunder, Franz : Ein kleines Kindelein, sacred aria for voice & 5 strings
  • Performer: Arvid Gast (Organ)
  • Ensemble: La Dolcezza
  • Notes: Jakobikirche, Lübeck (08/28/2013-08/30/2013)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Tunder, Franz : Ach Herr, lass deine lieben Engelein, cantata for voice & 4 strings
  • Performer: Arvid Gast (Organ)
  • Ensemble: La Dolcezza
  • Notes: Jakobikirche, Lübeck (08/28/2013-08/30/2013)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: circa 1650

>Tunder, Franz : Prelude for organ, "Komm heiliger Geist Herre Gott"
  • Performer: Arvid Gast (Organ)
  • Ensemble: La Dolcezza
  • Notes: Jakobikirche, Lübeck (08/28/2013-08/30/2013)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Tunder, Franz : O Jesu dulcissime, motet for bass, 2 violins & continuo
  • Performer: Arvid Gast (Organ)
  • Ensemble: La Dolcezza
  • Notes: Jakobikirche, Lübeck (08/28/2013-08/30/2013)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Tunder, Franz : Praeludium for organ in G (Dorian) (i)
  • Performer: Arvid Gast (Organ)
  • Ensemble: La Dolcezza
  • Notes: Jakobikirche, Lübeck (08/28/2013-08/30/2013)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Tunder, Franz : Jesus Christus unser Heiland, chorale variations for organ
  • Performer: Arvid Gast (Organ)
  • Ensemble: La Dolcezza
  • Notes: Jakobikirche, Lübeck (08/28/2013-08/30/2013)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Tunder, Franz : Canzona for organ in G major
  • Performer: Arvid Gast (Organ)
  • Ensemble: La Dolcezza
  • Notes: Jakobikirche, Lübeck (08/28/2013-08/30/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Tunder, Franz : Salve coelestis pater, for bass, violin & continuo
  • Performer: Arvid Gast (Organ)
  • Ensemble: La Dolcezza
  • Notes: Jakobikirche, Lübeck (08/28/2013-08/30/2013)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Tunder, Franz : An Wasserflüssen Babylons, cantata for voice & 5 strings
  • Performer: Arvid Gast (Organ)
  • Ensemble: La Dolcezza
  • Notes: Jakobikirche, Lübeck (08/28/2013-08/30/2013)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: circa 1645

>Tunder, Franz : Auf meinen lieben Gott, for organ
  • Performer: Arvid Gast (Organ)
  • Ensemble: La Dolcezza
  • Notes: Jakobikirche, Lübeck (08/28/2013-08/30/2013)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Tunder, Franz : Da mihi, Domine, for bass, 5 strings & continuo
  • Performer: Arvid Gast (Organ)
  • Ensemble: La Dolcezza
  • Notes: Jakobikirche, Lübeck (08/28/2013-08/30/2013)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Tunder, Franz : Praeludium for organ in G (Dorian) (i)
  • Performer: Arvid Gast (Organ)
  • Ensemble: La Dolcezza
  • Notes: Jakobikirche, Lübeck (08/28/2013-08/30/2013)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque