1 800 222 6872

Henri D'Anglebert (1629-1691): Complete Harpsichord Music / Francesco Cera, harpsichord

Album Summary

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Suite for harpsichord no 1 in G major (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Suite for harpsichord no 2 in G minor (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Suite for harpsichord no 3 in D minor (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Suite for harpsichord no 4 in D major (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Overture de Cadmus, for harpsichord in G major (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Ritournelle des Fees, for harpsichord in G major (transcribed from Lully's "Roland") (Pièces de Clav
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Menuet 'Dans nos Bois,' for harpsichord in G major (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Chaconne de Phaeton, for harpsichord in G major (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Courante Mr. de Lully, for harpsichord in G minor (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Double de la Courante for harpsichord in G minor (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Pièces de clavecin
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Gigue de Mr de Lully, for harpsichord in G minor (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Gavotte, air ancien for harpsichord ("Où estes vous allé") (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Gavotte, air ancien for harpsichord ("Le Beau Berger Tirsis") (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : La Bergère Annette, vaudeville for harpsichord (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Ouverture de la Mascarade, for harpsichord in G minor (transcribed from Lully's "Le Carnaval") (Pièc
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Les Sourdines d'Armide, for harpsichord in G minor (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Les Songes agréables, for harpsichord in G minor (transcribed from Lully, from "Atys") (Pièces de Cl
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Air d'Apollon, for harpsichord in G minor (transcribed Lully's "Le Triomphe de l'Amour") (Pièces de
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Menuet de Poitou, vaudeville for harpsichord (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Passacaille d'Armide, for harpsichord in G minor (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Overture de Proserpine, for harpsichord in D minor (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Chaconne de Galatée, for harpsichord in D major (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Pieces for keyboard in C major
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Despite the fact that he came from a modest background, the composer and harpsichordist Jean-Henri d'Anglebert managed to carve out an impressive career for himself in 17th-century Paris, which culminated with his appointment as harpsichordist at the court of King Louis XIV. His musical style is characterized by a rich and expressive contrapuntal and harmonic language, as well as lavish ornamentation. The four Suites heard here constitute D'Anglebert's Pièces de Clavecin, which represent one of the most significant musical achievements of the second half of the 17th century. It is the composer's magnum opus, in which he took what he had learnt about the French school of composition and performance from his predecessor at Louis XIV's court, the highly influential Jacques Champion de Chambonnières, and enhanced it with his unique artistry. His sophisticated ornamentation was unprecedented at the time and posed a real challenge for performers. Other remarkable features of the Suites include striking examples of the Prélude non mesuré (written without rhythm or metre indications), solemn and meditative Gaillardes and Passacailles contrasted with lively Correnti and Gigues, and an intimate homage to Chambonnières which closes the fourth Suite. The Lully transcriptions showcase D'Anglebert's admiration for, and close affinity with, the composer - he played the harpsichord in many of the performances of Lully's tragédies lyriques - and invest what was the widespread and sometimes commonplace practice of transcription with a much greater artistic value, using the harpsichord to suggest orchestral textures. D'Anglebert's complete harpsichord works are performed by early music specialist Francesco Cera, who regularly appears with leading early music ensembles and has been acclaimed for his 'great intelligence' and 'impeccable interpretative command' (Amadeus). Other information: Recorded in 2013 in Italy. Booklet includes liner notes and artist biographies.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Suite for harpsichord no 1 in G major (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Suite for harpsichord no 2 in G minor (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Suite for harpsichord no 3 in D minor (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Suite for harpsichord no 4 in D major (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Overture de Cadmus, for harpsichord in G major (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Ritournelle des Fees, for harpsichord in G major (transcribed from Lully's "Roland") (Pièces de Clav
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Menuet 'Dans nos Bois,' for harpsichord in G major (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Chaconne de Phaeton, for harpsichord in G major (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Courante Mr. de Lully, for harpsichord in G minor (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Double de la Courante for harpsichord in G minor (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1689

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Pièces de clavecin
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Gigue de Mr de Lully, for harpsichord in G minor (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Pièces de clavecin
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Gavotte, air ancien for harpsichord ("Où estes vous allé") (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Gavotte, air ancien for harpsichord ("Le Beau Berger Tirsis") (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : La Bergère Annette, vaudeville for harpsichord (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Ouverture de la Mascarade, for harpsichord in G minor (transcribed from Lully's "Le Carnaval") (Pièc
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Les Sourdines d'Armide, for harpsichord in G minor (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Les Songes agréables, for harpsichord in G minor (transcribed from Lully, from "Atys") (Pièces de Cl
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Air d'Apollon, for harpsichord in G minor (transcribed Lully's "Le Triomphe de l'Amour") (Pièces de
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Menuet de Poitou, vaudeville for harpsichord (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Passacaille d'Armide, for harpsichord in G minor (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Overture de Proserpine, for harpsichord in D minor (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Chaconne de Galatée, for harpsichord in D major (transcribed from Lully) (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Pieces for keyboard in C major
  • Performer: Francesco Cera (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Palazzo Cagnano, Laureana Cilento, Italy (05/29/2013-05/31/2013)
  • Period Time: Baroque