1 800 222 6872

The Britannic Organ, Vol. 8: Max Reger

Audio Samples

Album Summary

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Prelude and Fugue for organ in G major, Op. 56/3
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Benedictus for organ in D flat major, Op. 59/9
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Melody for organ in B flat major, Op. 59/11
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Canzone for organ in E flat major, Op. 65/9
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Jesus meine Zuversicht"), Op. 67/22
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Lobt Gott, ihr Christen alle gleich"), Op. 67/25
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("O Lamm Gottes, unschuldig"), Op. 67/33
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Warum sollt ich mich denn grämen"), Op. 67/45
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Wer weiß, wie nahe mir mein Ende"), Op. 67/50
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Wie wohl ist mir, o Freund der Seelen"), Op. 67/52
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Moment Musical for organ in D major, Op. 69/4
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Romance for organ in A minor, Op. 80/8
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Ave Maria, for organ, Op. 80/5
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Prelude and Fugue for organ in F major, Op. 85/3
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Suite in G minor, Op. 92 no 4
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Toccata for organ in D minor, Op. 129/1
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Fantasia for organ ("Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme"), Op. 52/2
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Kyrie eleison, for organ in D minor, Op. 59/7
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Gloria for organ in D major, Op. 59/8
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Romance for harmonium in A minor
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Fantasia and Fugue on B-A-C-H for organ, Op. 46
Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The Museum of Music Automatons in Seewen and the Max Reger Institute in Karlsruhe both contain recording rolls made by Max Reger and several of his contemporaries manufactured by the firm of M. Welte & Sons on a Welte Philharmonie recording organ beginning in 1911 in Freiburg im Breisgau. This double CD contains, for the first time, not only all the recordings that Reger made for the firm, but also more interpretations of Reger's works on the second CD with the organists Günther Ramin, Kurt Grosse, Walter Fischer and Joseph Messner.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Museum für Musikautomaten, Seewen SO (02/2014).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Prelude and Fugue for organ in G major, Op. 56/3
  • Ensemble: Swiss Chamber Soloists
  • Running Time: 6 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1901

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Benedictus for organ in D flat major, Op. 59/9
  • Running Time: 5 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 01/07/1901

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Melody for organ in B flat major, Op. 59/11
  • Running Time: 6 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 01/07/1901

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Canzone for organ in E flat major, Op. 65/9
  • Running Time: 7 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 05/20/1902

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Jesus meine Zuversicht"), Op. 67/22
  • Running Time: 2 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Lobt Gott, ihr Christen alle gleich"), Op. 67/25
  • Running Time: 1 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("O Lamm Gottes, unschuldig"), Op. 67/33
  • Running Time: 3 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Warum sollt ich mich denn grämen"), Op. 67/45
  • Running Time: 2 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Wer weiß, wie nahe mir mein Ende"), Op. 67/50
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Wie wohl ist mir, o Freund der Seelen"), Op. 67/52
  • Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Moment Musical for organ in D major, Op. 69/4
  • Running Time: 6 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1903

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Romance for organ in A minor, Op. 80/8
  • Running Time: 4 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 06/15/1904

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Ave Maria, for organ, Op. 80/5
  • Running Time: 5 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 06/15/1904

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Prelude and Fugue for organ in F major, Op. 85/3
  • Running Time: 6 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1904

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Suite in G minor, Op. 92 no 4 :: Basso Ostinato
  • Running Time: 3 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1905

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Toccata for organ in D minor, Op. 129/1
  • Running Time: 9 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 09/07/1913

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Fantasia for organ ("Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme"), Op. 52/2
  • Running Time: 21 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 09/1900

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Kyrie eleison, for organ in D minor, Op. 59/7
  • Running Time: 6 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 01/07/1901

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Gloria for organ in D major, Op. 59/8
  • Running Time: 6 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 01/07/1901

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Romance for harmonium in A minor
  • Running Time: 5 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: ?1904

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Fantasia and Fugue on B-A-C-H for organ, Op. 46
  • Running Time: 19 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 02/21/1900