- Lancino — Violin Concerto: I. Modéré - Accéléré, glissé - Cadenza - Choral - Accéléré
- Lancino — Violin Concerto: II. Lent -
- Lancino — Violin Concerto: III. Vif - Fugato $0.99 on iTunes
- Lancino — Prelude and Death of Virgil: Prelude $0.99 on iTunes
- Lancino — Prelude and Death of Virgil: Interlude $0.99 on iTunes
- Lancino — Prelude and Death of Virgil: Death of Virgil
- Lancino — Prelude and Death of Virgil: Postlude $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
Thierry Lancino's background includes extensive periods of research at IRCAM and elsewhere, but his recent work concentrates on a lyrical and bold freedom of style embracing ideas of both seduction and spirituality. Inspired by a scene of historical impact, his Prelude and Death of Virgil dramatizes the demise of a daunting genius. Lancino writes of his Violin Concerto that his imagination was fired by 'the thought of a little piece of wood (in reality a 1704 Stradivarius),played by Isabelle Faust, confronting a gigantic machine (the full orchestra)'. Thierry Lancino's Requiem (Naxos 8.572771) was described as 'exhilarating' by BBC Music Magazine.
American Record Guide, January/February 2015
Thierry Lancino's violin concerto (2005) and Prelude and Death of Virgil (2000) are world premiere recordings. Soloists and orchestras are convincing. Lancino has spent time researching at Boulez's IRCAM.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Toshio Hosokawa: Orchestral Works, Vol. 2 / Royal Scottish National Orchestra; Orchestre National de Lyon; Jun Märkl
Stephen Paulus (1949-2014): Three Places of Englightenment; Veil of Tears; Grand Concerto for Organ and Orchestra / Nathan Laube, organ
Milhaud: The Oresteia of Aeschylus / S. Outlaw, J. Lane, T. Mumford, L. Phillips et al., soloists; Percussion Ens.; SO & Choir of the University of Michigan; Kiesler
Robert Still (1910-1971): The Four String Quartets / Villiers Quartet
Howells: Stabat Mater / Benjamin Hulett, tenor; Alison Hill, soprano; The Bach Choir; Bournemouth SO; Hill
Gian Francesco Malipiero (1882-1973): Fantasie di ogni giorno; Passacaglie; Concerti / Rome SO, La Vecchia
Boris Tchaikovsky: War Suite; Piano Quintet / Olga Solovieva, piano; Maxim Anisimov, clarinet; Ioana Petcu-Colan, violin; Vanbrugh Quartet
Myroslav Skoryk (b.1938): Carpathian Concerto; Diptych; Violin Concerto No. 7; Cello Concerto et al. / Nazary Pilatyuk, violin; Valery kazakov, cello
Bartok: Kossuth, symphonic poem; Two Portraits, Op. 5; Suite No. 1, Op. 3 / Michael Ludwig, violin. JoAnn Falletta, Buffalo PO
Works DetailsLancino, Thierry : Concerto for Violin
- Performer: Isabelle Faust (Violin)
- Conductor: Arturo Tamayo
- Running Time: 34 min. 7 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Concerto
- Written: 2005
Lancino, Thierry : Prelude and Death of Virgil, for baritone & orchestra
- Performer: Matteo de Monti (Bass)
- Conductor: Gerard Schwarz
- Running Time: 24 min. 54 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Written: 2000