1 800 222 6872

Ludwig van Beethoven: The Complete Piano Sonatas / Mari Kodama, piano

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 21 in C major, Op. 53 "Waldstein"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 23 in F minor, Op. 57 "Appassionata"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 26 in E flat major, Op. 81a "Les Adieux"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 4 in E flat major, Op. 7
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 11 in B flat major, Op. 22
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 1 in F minor
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 2 in A major, Op. 2 no 2
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 3 in C major, Op. 2 no 3
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 5 in C minor, Op. 10 no 1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 6 in F major, Op. 10 no 2
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 7 in D, Op. 10 no 3
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 16 in G major, Op. 31 no 1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 17 in D minor, Op. 31/2 "The Tempest"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 18 in E flat, Op. 31
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 12 in A flat major, Op. 26 "Funeral March"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 13 in E flat major, Op. 27 no 1 "Quasi una fantasia"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 15 in D, Op. 28 "Pastorale)
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 27 in E minor, Op. 90
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 9 in E major, Op. 14 no 1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 10 in G major, Op. 14 no 2
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 22 in F major, Op. 54
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 19 in G minor, Op. 49 no 1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 20 in G major, Op. 49 no 2
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 24 in F sharp major, Op. 78 "A Thérèse"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 25 in G major, Op. 79 "Cuckoo"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 29 in B flat major, Op. 106 "Hammerklavier"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 28 in A major, Op. 101
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 30 in E major, Op. 109
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 31 in A flat major, Op. 110
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 32 in C minor, Op. 111
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The waiting has finally paid off: the complete Beethoven piano sonata cycle has finally arrived. Japanese pianist Mari Kodama is only the fourth woman to have recorded all of Beethoven's sonatas (Pizzicato). Having started the recordings in 2003, Ms. Kodama completed the last installment of her critically-acclaimed journey through this ever-fascinating cycle in 2013. As Gramophone eloquently phrases it: 'Never bearing down heavily on the music, she always allows Beethoven his own voice.' Mari Kodama has established an international reputation for profound musicality and articulate virtuosity at the keyboard. An artist with a broad repertoire and a powerful yet elegant style, she's been heard in performances throughout Europe, the U. S. and Japan. She also takes part in duo recitals with both her daughter Karin Kei Nagano and with her sister, Momo Kodama.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 21 in C major, Op. 53 "Waldstein"
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Doopsgezinde Kerk, Haarlem, The Netherlands (01/20/2003-01/25/2003)
  • Running Time: 23 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1803-1804

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 23 in F minor, Op. 57 "Appassionata"
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Doopsgezinde Kerk, Haarlem, The Netherlands (01/20/2003-01/25/2003)
  • Running Time: 20 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1804-1805

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 26 in E flat major, Op. 81a "Les Adieux"
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Doopsgezinde Kerk, Haarlem, The Netherlands (01/20/2003-01/25/2003)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809-1810

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Doopsgezinde Kerk, Haarlem, The Netherlands (2003-01-20_2003-01-25&2004-)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 4 in E flat major, Op. 7
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Doopsgezinde Kerk, Haarlem, The Netherlands (2003-01-20_2003-01-25&2004-)
  • Running Time: 28 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1796-1797

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 11 in B flat major, Op. 22
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1800.
  • Running Time: 23 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 1 in F minor
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1793-95.
  • Running Time: 17 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1793-1795

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 2 in A major, Op. 2 no 2
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1794-95.
  • Running Time: 23 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1794-1795

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 3 in C major, Op. 2 no 3
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1794-95.
  • Running Time: 26 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1794-1795

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Doopsgezinde Kerk, Haarlem, The Netherlands (2003-01-20_2003-01-25&2004-)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 5 in C minor, Op. 10 no 1
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1795-97.
  • Running Time: 17 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1795-1797

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 6 in F major, Op. 10 no 2
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Running Time: 17 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1796-1797

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 7 in D, Op. 10 no 3
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Running Time: 23 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 16 in G major, Op. 31 no 1
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1802.
  • Running Time: 25 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 17 in D minor, Op. 31/2 "The Tempest"
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Running Time: 23 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 18 in E flat, Op. 31
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Running Time: 21 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 12 in A flat major, Op. 26 "Funeral March"
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Running Time: 19 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800-1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 13 in E flat major, Op. 27 no 1 "Quasi una fantasia"
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800-1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 15 in D, Op. 28 "Pastorale)
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Running Time: 23 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 27 in E minor, Op. 90
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1814

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 9 in E major, Op. 14 no 1
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1798.
  • Running Time: 13 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 10 in G major, Op. 14 no 2
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1799.
  • Running Time: 16 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1799

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 22 in F major, Op. 54
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1804.
  • Running Time: 11 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1804

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 19 in G minor, Op. 49 no 1
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: Circa 1797.
  • Running Time: 7 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: circa 1797

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 20 in G major, Op. 49 no 2
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1795-96.
  • Running Time: 7 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1795-1796

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 24 in F sharp major, Op. 78 "A Thérèse"
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 25 in G major, Op. 79 "Cuckoo"
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 29 in B flat major, Op. 106 "Hammerklavier"
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Running Time: 29 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1817-1818

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 28 in A major, Op. 101
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1816

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 30 in E major, Op. 109
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1820

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 31 in A flat major, Op. 110
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1821-1822

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 32 in C minor, Op. 111
  • Performer: Mari Kodama (Piano)
  • Running Time: 25 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1821-1822