1 800 222 6872

Music for a Princess: Annette Richards, organ - Works by J.S. Bach, C.P.E. Bach, Dieterich Buxtehude, Nicolaus Bruhns, & Anna Amalia

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasie and Fugue for Organ in C minor, BWV 537
>Amalie, Princess of Pruss : Fugue in D minor
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ich ruf zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ (III), chorale prelude for organ (arrangement by C. P. E. Bach), BW
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in F major, BuxWV 156
>Bruhns, Nicolaus : Nun komm der Heiden Heiland
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for organ in G minor, H. 87, Wq. 70/6
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Schmücke dich, o liebe Seele (I), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 4), BWV 654 (BC K7
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia for organ in G major, BWV 572 (BC J83)
Performer Composers
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >

Notes & Reviews:

American Record Guide, March/April 2015
Annette Richards is a professor and university organist at Cornell and an authority on CPE Bach. Her playing here is solid, secure, and free from annoying mannerisms. The recording offers an attractive document of the sound of a beautiful instrument.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Anabel Taylor Chapel, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (03/15/2013-03/17/2013).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasie and Fugue for Organ in C minor, BWV 537
  • Performer: Annette Richards (Organ)
  • Notes: Anabel Taylor Chapel, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (03/15/2013-03/17/2013)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: after 1723

>Amalie, Princess of Pruss : Fugue in D minor
  • Performer: Annette Richards (Organ)
  • Notes: Anabel Taylor Chapel, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (03/15/2013-03/17/2013)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ich ruf zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ (III), chorale prelude for organ (arrangement by C. P. E. Bach), BW
  • Performer: Annette Richards (Organ)
  • Notes: Anabel Taylor Chapel, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (03/15/2013-03/17/2013)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1789

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in F major, BuxWV 156
  • Performer: Annette Richards (Organ)
  • Notes: Anabel Taylor Chapel, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (03/15/2013-03/17/2013)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1690

>Bruhns, Nicolaus : Nun komm der Heiden Heiland
  • Performer: Annette Richards (Organ)
  • Notes: Anabel Taylor Chapel, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (03/15/2013-03/17/2013)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1690

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for organ in G minor, H. 87, Wq. 70/6
  • Performer: Annette Richards (Organ)
  • Notes: Anabel Taylor Chapel, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (03/15/2013-03/17/2013)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1755

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Schmücke dich, o liebe Seele (I), chorale prelude for organ (Achtzehn Choräle no 4), BWV 654 (BC K7
  • Performer: Annette Richards (Organ)
  • Notes: Anabel Taylor Chapel, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (03/15/2013-03/17/2013)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia for organ in G major, BWV 572 (BC J83)
  • Performer: Annette Richards (Organ)
  • Notes: Anabel Taylor Chapel, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (03/15/2013-03/17/2013)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1712