- Dennis O'Neill
- Mark Milhofer (Tenor)
- Peter Hall (Tenor)
- William Dazeley (Bass-Baritone)
- Alastair Miles
- Paul Parfitt (Bass Baritone)
- Andrew Shore (Baritone)
- Cynthia Haymon (Soprano)
- Alan Opie
Notes & Reviews:
"This is the best that I've heard yet in Chandos's series of operas in English, good enough in fact to create a delemma. Does one review this alongside the standard Boheme recommendations, or does one treat it as a 'sui generis' release of interest to those who want their opera in English...If you want an English-language Boheme, you are unlikely to find better anywhere...this is for you." -Fogel, Fanfare
The magic mixture of humour and pathos in this unsinkable masterpiece is brought all the closer for having it in translation...Cynthia Haymon as a touching Mimi has never sounded more beautiful on disc, with the widest range of expression and tone...Highly recommended to all who enjoy opera in English.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPuccini, Giacomo : La bohème
- Performers: Dennis O'Neill; Mark Milhofer (Tenor); Peter Hall (Tenor); William Dazeley (Bass-Baritone); Alastair Miles; Paul Parfitt (Bass Baritone); Andrew Shore (Baritone); Cynthia Haymon (Soprano); Alan Opie
- Conductor: David Parry
- Notes: Blackheath Concert Hall, London, England (09/03/1997-09/07/1997)
- Running Time: 26 min. 13 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1896