1 800 222 6872

Beethoven: Complete Symphonies / Philadelphia Orchestra; Muti

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Fidelio, overture, Op. 72c
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Consecration of the House, overture Op. 124
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Overture no 3 in C major, Op. 72b
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
Performers Conductor Ensembles Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Beethoven's nine epoch-making symphonies represent a touchstone for any conductor, and these recordings constitute highlight of Riccardo Muti's 12-year tenure as Music Director of the illustrious Philadelphia Orchestra. As Gramophone wrote: "The Philadelphia Orchestra ... respond superbly to the demands Muti makes on them ... The fine shaping of the parts and the whole, the superb playing and a clear sense of discovery communicate themselves thrillingly to the listener."

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Memorial Hall, Fairmount Park, Philadelphia.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
  • Conductor: Riccardo Muti
  • Ensemble: Philadelphia Orchestra
  • Notes: Memorial Hall, Fairmount Park, Philadelphia (1985-11-02&1985-11-04&1985-)
  • Running Time: 32 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
  • Conductor: Riccardo Muti
  • Notes: Memorial Hall, Fairmount Park, Philadelphia (1985-11-02&1985-11-04&1985-)
  • Running Time: 25 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
  • Conductor: Riccardo Muti
  • Notes: Memorial Hall, Fairmount Park, Philadelphia (1986-01-10&1986-01-12&1986-)
  • Running Time: 33 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1801-1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
  • Conductor: Riccardo Muti
  • Notes: Memorial Hall, Fairmount Park, Philadelphia (1985-11-02&1985-11-04&1985-)
  • Running Time: 33 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1807

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
  • Conductor: Riccardo Muti
  • Notes: Memorial Hall, Fairmount Park, Philadelphia (1986-01-10&1986-01-12&1986-)
  • Running Time: 51 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Fidelio, overture, Op. 72c
  • Conductor: Riccardo Muti
  • Running Time: 6 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1814

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Consecration of the House, overture Op. 124
  • Conductor: Riccardo Muti
  • Running Time: 10 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1822

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
  • Conductor: Riccardo Muti
  • Running Time: 44 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Overture no 3 in C major, Op. 72b
  • Conductor: Riccardo Muti
  • Notes: Memorial Hall, Fairmount Park, Philadelphia (1988-02-13&1988-02-17&1988-)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1805-1806

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
  • Conductor: Riccardo Muti
  • Notes: Memorial Hall, Fairmount Park, Philadelphia (1988-02-13&1988-02-17&1988-)
  • Running Time: 40 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
  • Conductor: Riccardo Muti
  • Notes: Memorial Hall, Fairmount Park, Philadelphia (1986-01-10&1986-01-12&1986-)
  • Running Time: 24 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
  • Performers: James Morrison (Bass Baritone); Peter Seiffert (Tenor); Cheryl Studer (Soprano); Delores Ziegler (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Conductor: Riccardo Muti
  • Notes: Memorial Hall, Fairmount Park, Philadelphia (1988-04-23&1988-04-25&1988-)
  • Running Time: 71 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1824