- Camelia Peteu (Voice)
- Lars RoBler (Voice)
- Daniel Schmutzhard (Voice)
- Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
- Gerhard Singer (Voice)
- Falk Struckmann (Baritone)
- Victor Tsevelev (Voice)
- Jianhua Zhu (Voice)
- Robert Hayward (Bass)
- Alketa Hoxha (Voice)
- Michael König (Voice)
- Hiromi Mori (Voice)
- Constantin Neiconi (Voice)
- Camilla Nylund (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
This Frankfurt Opera production of Lohengrin, recorded in 2013, features the Frankfurter Opern und Museumsorchester led by conductor Bertrand de Billy and the Chor und Extrachor der Oper Frankfurt Chor directed by Matthias Ko¨hler. Tenor Michael Ko¨nig (Lohengrin) is a regular guest at the Frankfurt Opera, previously heard as Tamino (The Magic Flute) and Florestan (Fidelio), amongst other roles. Soprano Camilla Nylund has starred as Elsa in Bayreuth and Finland and will soon tackle the role in Vienna as well.
American Record Guide, March/April 2015
In response, perhaps, to the relentless duple meters of Lohengrin, De Billy comes on particularly strong. He has already established his credentials as a Wagner conductor with his recordings of Tristan and the Ring. Together they make the most of their Act 2 scene, singing with great involvement and some subtlety. Hayward is a decent Telramund. Struckmann, who has recorded Telramund himself a couple of times, is now a shaky King Henry. The Herald is fine and the chorus is excellent. Stick with one of the older, great recordings: Kempe on EMI, Solti on Decca, Abbado on DG.
Recording information: Oper Frankfurt (03/2013/04/2013).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsWagner, Richard : Lohengrin
- Performers: Robert Hayward (Bass); Alketa Hoxha (Voice); Michael König (Voice); Hiromi Mori (Voice); Constantin Neiconi (Voice); Camilla Nylund (Soprano); Camelia Peteu (Voice); Lars RoBler (Voice); Daniel Schmutzhard (Voice); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano); Gerhard Singer (Voice); Falk Struckmann (Baritone); Victor Tsevelev (Voice); Jianhua Zhu (Voice)
- Conductor: Bertrand De Billy
- Ensemble: Frankfurter Opern-und Museumsorchester
- Running Time: 85 min. 21 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1848