1 800 222 6872

A Window in Time- Rachmaninoff performs his solo piano works

Album Summary

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Morceaux de fantaisie (5), for piano, Op. 3
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Lilacs, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Rimsky-Korsakov's "Flight of the Bumblebee" from "The Tale of the Tsar Saltan" for
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Morceaux de salon, for piano, Op. 10
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Kreisler's "Liebesfreud" for piano, TNiii/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Kreisler's "Liebesleid" for piano, TN iii/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Etudes-Tableaux, for piano, Op. 39
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Schubert's "Wohin?" from "Die Schöne Müllerin" for piano, TN iii/10
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Polka W.R., for piano in A flat major, TN ii/18
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 6 in G minor, Op. 23/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Bizet's "Minuet" from "L'Arlesienne-Suite No 1" for piano, TN iii/3
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Mussorgsky's "Hopak" from opera "Sorochintsy Fair" for piano (also for piano & vioi
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Smith's "The Star-Spangled Banner" for piano, TN iii/11
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"...I think many listeners will find this disc thrilling, and fans of Rachmaninov's music and playing will find it indispensable, if not absolutely definitive. The Telarc piano rolls sound much better in many respects than the Rachmaninov recordings of the 20s. 'A Window in Time' gives us historically important recordings that sound as if they were made recently." -Ullman, Fanfare



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Morceaux de fantaisie (5), for piano, Op. 3
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Lilacs, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/5
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Rimsky-Korsakov's "Flight of the Bumblebee" from "The Tale of the Tsar Saltan" for
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1929

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Morceaux de fantaisie (5), for piano, Op. 3
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Morceaux de salon, for piano, Op. 10 :: No 3, Barcarolle
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1893-1894

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Kreisler's "Liebesfreud" for piano, TNiii/5
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1925

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Kreisler's "Liebesleid" for piano, TN iii/5
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1921

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Morceaux de fantaisie (5), for piano, Op. 3
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Etudes-Tableaux, for piano, Op. 39 :: No 4 in B minor
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1916-1917

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Schubert's "Wohin?" from "Die Schöne Müllerin" for piano, TN iii/10
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1925

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Morceaux de fantaisie (5), for piano, Op. 3
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Polka W.R., for piano in A flat major, TN ii/18
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1911

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 6 in G minor, Op. 23/5
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1901

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Morceaux de fantaisie (5), for piano, Op. 3
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Bizet's "Minuet" from "L'Arlesienne-Suite No 1" for piano, TN iii/3
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1900

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Mussorgsky's "Hopak" from opera "Sorochintsy Fair" for piano (also for piano & vioi
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1923

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Etudes-Tableaux, for piano, Op. 39 :: No 6 in A minor
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1916-1917

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Morceaux de salon, for piano, Op. 10 :: No 5, Humoresque
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1893-1894

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Transcription of Smith's "The Star-Spangled Banner" for piano, TN iii/11
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1918