1 800 222 6872

In Search of Dowland: Consort Music - John Dowland: Lachrimae, or Seaven Teares; Carl Rutti (b.1949): Dowland Suite (2012) / bFive Recorder Consort

Album Summary

>Rutti, Carl : Dowland-Suite, for recorder ensemble
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Captain Digorie Piper's Galliard, for lute, P 19
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Lachrimae verae, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mr Henry Noel his Galliard, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mr John Langton's Pavan, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mr Bucton his Galliard, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mr George Whitehead his Almand, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Lachrimae coactae, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mr Nicholas Gryffith his Galliard, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mrs Nichols Almand (Mistress Nichols Almand), for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Semper Dowland semper dolens, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Lachrimae gementes, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Sir John Souch his Galiard, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
>Dowland, John [Composer] : The Earle of Essex Galliard, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

A very special 450th birthday song for the master of melancholy John Dowland (1563-1626) comes from the bFive Recorder Consort: The Dances of Dowland's famous Lachrimae collection are in fact embedded in a new work by Swiss composer Carl Ru¨tti. In his "Dowland Suite" the life story of the great Elizabethan master unfolds musically. Founded in Barcelona in 2003, the repertoire of the late renaissance is central to bFive's programs. The ensemble is also intent on building and performing a contemporary recorder quintet repertoire, attested by their work with a number of renowned composers.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Carl Rütti (1949 - ) : Dowland-Suite, for recorder ensemble
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 27 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 2012

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Captain Digorie Piper's Galliard, for lute, P 19
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Lachrimae verae, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1604

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mr Henry Noel his Galliard, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1604

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mr John Langton's Pavan, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1604

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mr Bucton his Galliard, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1604

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mr George Whitehead his Almand, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1604

>Carl Rütti (1949 - ) : Dowland-Suite, for recorder ensemble
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 27 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 2012

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Lachrimae coactae, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1604

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mr Nicholas Gryffith his Galliard, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1604

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Mrs Nichols Almand (Mistress Nichols Almand), for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1626

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Semper Dowland semper dolens, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1604

>Carl Rütti (1949 - ) : Dowland-Suite, for recorder ensemble
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 27 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 2012

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Lachrimae gementes, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1604

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Sir John Souch his Galiard, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1604

>Dowland, John [Composer] : The Earle of Essex Galliard, for 5 viols/violins & lute (from "Lachrimae")
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1604

>Carl Rütti (1949 - ) : Dowland-Suite, for recorder ensemble
  • Ensemble: B-Five Recorder Consort
  • Notes: Church of Basse-Bodeux, Belgium (08/28/2013-08/31/2013)
  • Running Time: 27 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 2012