1 800 222 6872

Marian Anderson - Rare and Unpublished Recordings 1936-1952

Album Summary

>Scarlatti, Alessandro : La donna ancora è fedele, opera (with intermezzo "Filandra e Selvino")
>Handel, George Frideric : Deborah, HWV 51
>Handel, George Frideric : A Song for St Cecilia's Day, HWV 76
>Schubert, Franz : Die Forelle ("In einem Bächlein helle"), song for voice & piano, D. 550 (Op. 32)
>Schubert, Franz : Schwanengesang, D 957
>Schubert, Franz : Die schöne Müllerin, song cycle, for voice & piano, D. 795 (Op. 25)
>Schubert, Franz : Der Jüngling und der Tod ("Die Sonne sinkt"), song for voice & piano (two versions), D. 545
>Schubert, Franz : Erlkönig ("Wer reitet so spät"), song for voice & piano, D. 328 (Op. 1)
>Brahms, Johannes : Serious Songs (4), Op. 121
>Strauss, Richard : Befreit, Op. 39 no 4
>Sibelius, Jean : Im feld ein Mädchen singt (A maiden yonder sings), song for voice & piano, Op. 50/3
>Sibelius, Jean : Work(s)
>Purcell, Henry : Dido and Aenaeas
>Thomas, Christopher J. : O men from the fields!
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : In the silence of the secret night, song for voice & piano, Op. 4/3
>Massenet, Jules : Élégie
>Traditional Spiritual : Let Us Break Bread Together
>Traditional Spiritual : My Soul's Been Anchored in the Lord, spiritual
>Traditional Spiritual : Trampin', Trampin' (Tryin' to Make Heaven My Home)
>Traditional Spiritual : Sinner, Please Don't Let This Harvest Pass
>Traditional Spiritual : Honor! Honor!
>Lehmann, Liza : The Cuckoo
>Spross, Charles Gilbert : Will-o-the-Wisp
Performers Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Scarlatti, Alessandro : La donna ancora è fedele, opera (with intermezzo "Filandra e Selvino") :: Se Florindo è fedele
  • Performer: Kosti Vehanen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Opera/Operetta

>Handel, George Frideric : Deborah, HWV 51 :: Begrüssing
  • Performer: Kosti Vehanen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1733

>Handel, George Frideric : A Song for St Cecilia's Day, HWV 76 :: Die F
  • Performer: Kosti Vehanen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1739

>Schubert, Franz : Die Forelle ("In einem Bächlein helle"), song for voice & piano, D. 550 (Op. 32)
  • Performer: Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1817

>Schubert, Franz : Schwanengesang, D 957 :: Der Doppelgänger
  • Performer: Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1828

>Schubert, Franz : Die schöne Müllerin, song cycle, for voice & piano, D. 795 (Op. 25) :: Wohin?
  • Performer: Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1823

>Schubert, Franz : Der Jüngling und der Tod ("Die Sonne sinkt"), song for voice & piano (two versions), D. 545
  • Performer: Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 03/1817

>Schubert, Franz : Erlkönig ("Wer reitet so spät"), song for voice & piano, D. 328 (Op. 1)
  • Performer: Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1815

>Brahms, Johannes : Serious Songs (4), Op. 121
  • Performer: Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1896

>Strauss, Richard : Befreit, Op. 39 no 4
  • Performer: Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1898

>Sibelius, Jean : Im feld ein Mädchen singt (A maiden yonder sings), song for voice & piano, Op. 50/3
  • Performer: Kosti Vehanen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: circa 1906

>Sibelius, Jean : Work(s) :: Var det en dröm?
  • Performer: Kosti Vehanen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1875-1957

>Purcell, Henry : Dido and Aenaeas
  • Performer: Kosti Vehanen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1689

>Thomas, Christopher J. : O men from the fields!
  • Performer: Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : In the silence of the secret night, song for voice & piano, Op. 4/3
  • Performers: William Primrose (Viola); Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1890-1893

>Massenet, Jules : Élégie :: O doux printemps d'autrefois, for voice & piano (from "Mélodies, Vol.1")
  • Performers: William Primrose (Viola); Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1866

>Traditional Spiritual : Let Us Break Bread Together
  • Performer: Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: by 1865

>Traditional Spiritual : My Soul's Been Anchored in the Lord, spiritual
  • Performer: Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Traditional Spiritual : Trampin', Trampin' (Tryin' to Make Heaven My Home)
  • Performer: Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 36 sec.

>Traditional Spiritual : Sinner, Please Don't Let This Harvest Pass
  • Performer: Kosti Vehanen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Traditional Spiritual : Honor! Honor!
  • Performer: Kosti Vehanen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Lehmann, Liza : The Cuckoo
  • Performer: Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Spross, Charles Gilbert : Will-o-the-Wisp
  • Performer: Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern