- Cartooning Up (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- Popcorn (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- Almost Like Being in Love (From "Brigadoon") [Live] $0.99 on iTunes
- Trouble on the Water (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- High Hopes (From "A Hole in the Head") [Live] $0.99 on iTunes
- Gold on Silver (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- Wonderful World (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- Love Potion No. 9 (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- The Surrey with the Fringe on Top (From "Oklahoma!") [Live] $0.99 on iTunes
- When She Loved Me (From "Toy Story 2") / Married Life [From "Up"] [Live] $0.99 on iTunes
- You Give a Little Love (From "Bugsy Malone") [Live] $0.99 on iTunes
- If I Only Had a Brain (From "The Wizard of Oz") [Live] $0.99 on iTunes
Album Remarks & Appraisals:
Joe Stilgoe's blend of imaginative song choices, virtuosic pianism and remarkable voice are showcased perfectly in this live album recorded at the London Jazz Festival in 2013. With a voice that has attracted comparisons with Harry Connick Jr, Michael Buble and Jamie Cullum and a playing style likened to the great Oscar Peterson, Joe displays charm, wit and sincerity in equal measure as he tackles a diverse selection of songs linked by the theme of film which The Sunday Times described as 'a touching yet quirky selection of stardust memories.' A fast-paced romp through well-known cartoon theme tunes opens the show before Joe turns his attention to numbers as varied as You Give A Little Love from Bugsy Malone, S'Wonderful from An American In Paris and a heart-wrenching rendition of If I Only Had A Brain from The Wizard Of Oz. A gifted and intelligent lyricist, Joe's song-writing skills are in evidence; the elegiac Gold On Silver pulls at the heartstrings, Popcorn is an irreverent nod to the multiplexes whilst his wistful ballad (That's The Way It Crumbles) Cookie-Wise was inspired by Billy Wilder's The Apartment. Joe is a singer, pianist and songwriter, touring constantly around the world with his band and as a solo act, having appeared at Ronnie Scott's, the Royal Festival Hall, The Queen Elizabeth Hall, The Barbican, The London Jazz Festival, The Royal Albert Hall, Cheltenham Jazz Festival, Edinburgh Festival (Time Out award), Henley Festival, Barbados Festival, Sardinia Jazz Festival, Sicily Jazz Festival, Montreux Jazz Festival, Dubai Jazz Festival and in jazz clubs from New York to Berlin to Kuala Lumpur. He has appeared as featured soloist with orchestras including BBC Concert Orchestra, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic, The Northern Sinfonia, Lahti Symphony, Finland and the RTE Orchestra in Dublin.
Personnel: Joe Stilgoe (vocals, piano); Ben Reynolds (drums, percussion, background vocals); Chris Hill (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Ben Mason.
Recording information: St. James Studio, London (11/17/2013).
Arranger: Joe Stilgoe.