- Bruckner — Symphony No. 5 in B-Flat Major, WAB 105: I. Introduktion. Adagio - Allegro (1878 Version)
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 5 in B-Flat Major, WAB 105: II. Adagio. Sehr langsam (1878 Version)
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 5 in B-Flat Major, WAB 105: III. Scherzo. Molto vivace - Trio. Im gleichen Tempo (1878 Version)
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 5 in B-Flat Major, WAB 105: IV. Finale. Adagio - Allegro moderato (1878 Version)
Notes & Reviews:
Gramophone Magazine, March 2015
Turn straight to the Scherzo of Mario Venzago's Fifth for a Landler of considerable charm and subtle clumsiness...they pull on the country clogs of Mahler's childhood Landler-memories, not the more-or-less polished army boots of traditional performances...if you've followed [Venzago] this far, you'll certainly want to hear his final and most iconoclastic assault on the canon.
The production of the CPO series A Different Bruckner under the conductor Mario Venzago concludes with a recording of the composer's Symphony No. 5 in B flat in its 1878 version. This interpretation of the Fifth may make feelings run even higher than they have so far with Mr. Venzago's previous Bruckner renderings because, as he himself writes, “The present reading does almost entirely without the song element and instead establishes musical discourse. The orchestra speaks and debates as if the instruments were the members of a parliament engaged in serious, sober, and brilliant discussion.”Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Tapiola Hall, Kulttuurikeskus, Espoo (03/10/2014-03/12/2014).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Jan van Gilse: Symphonies no 1 & 2 / Porcelijn, Netherlands SO
Felix Woyrsch (1860-1944): Symphony No. 3; Drei Böcklin-Phantasien / Thomas Dorsh
Zdenek Fibich: Overtures - Comenius; A Night at Karlstejn Castle; The Jew of Prague; Ballet Music from Hedy / Czech Nat'l SO; etilec
Ernst Rudorff (1840-1916): Symphony No. 3; Variations, Op. 24 / Bochum SO; Beermann
Jack Gallagher (b.1947): Symphony No. 2 'Ascendent'; Quiet Reflections / London SO; Falletta
Franz Ignaz Beck: Symphonies Op. 4, Nos. 4-6 & Op. 3, No. 5 / Czech Chamber SO Parbudice; Marek etilec
Saint-Saens: Symphonies, Vol. 1: Symphonies nos 1 & 2; Phaéton / Malmo SO, Soustrot
Charles-Marie Widor: Organ Symphonies nos 1-4 / Christian Schmitt, organ
Works DetailsBruckner, Anton : Symphony no 5 in B flat major, WAB 105
- Conductor: Mario Venzago
- Ensemble: Tapiola Sinfonietta
- Notes: Tapiola Hall, Kulttuurikeskus, Espoo (03/10/2014-03/12/2014)
- Running Time: 59 min. 16 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1875-1894