1 800 222 6872

Deep Harmony: Music of the Great Welsh Choirs

Album Summary

>Glyn, Gareth : Heriwn, wynebwn y wawr (The Future's Beginning Today), for male chorus
>Scott, Alicia Ann : Annie Laurie
>Jones, Rhys : O Gymru (O Wales), song
>Tosti, Francesco Paolo : My Dreams, for voice & piano or orchestra, C.S. 143
>Gounod, Charles : St Cecilia Mass
>Böhm, Carl : Still wie die Nacht, for voice & orchestra, Op. 326/27
>Jarre, Maurice : Iesu o Nazareth
>Harry, Lyn : En Route, for male chorus
>Traditional, Russian : Casatchok (Katyusha), folk song
>Lewis, Howell Elvet : Evening Hymn, for male chorus ("Arglwydd mae yn nosi")
>Parker, Handel : Deep Harmony ("Wrth edrych Iesu ar dy groes..."), hymn
>Traditional Spiritual : Ev'ry Time I Feel the Spirit
>Liddle, Samuel : Abide With Me
>Traditional, American : Just a Closer Walk with Thee
>Acland, Arthur Henry Dyke : Memorial Poem to Hedd Wyn, for speakers & male chorus ("Y bardd trwm")
>Williams, Raymond : Buddugoliaeth y Groes (Victory of the Cross), for male chorus (after G.W. Hughes)
>Lewis, Idris : Cymru'n un (One Wales), for male chorus
>Romberg, Sigmund : Student Prince
>Hughes, John Ceiriog : Nant y Mynydd (Mountain Stream), for men's chorus (after Friedrich Silcher)
>Traditional, Italian : Santa Lucia
>Parry, Joseph : Myfanwy
>Traditional Spiritual : Climbing Jacob's Ladder, spiritual
>Protheroe, Daniel : Castilia, for male chorus
>Verdi, Giuseppe : La forza del destino
>Wagner, Richard : The Flying Dutchman
>Malotte, Albert Hay : The Lord's Prayer, for voice & piano
>Welsh Traditional : Ar Hyd y Nos (All Through the Night), folk song
>Williams, Robert : Hail the Day that Sees Him Rise (Gwyn a Gwridog, Hawddgar Iawn), hymn (Tune
>Young, Duncan : I'se Weary of Waitin', song
>Schubert, Franz : Psalm 23, D 706/Op. 132
>Schubert, Franz : Die Allmacht ("Gross ist Jehovah"), for mixed chorus & piano, D. 875a
>Steffe, William : Battle Hymn of the Republic
>Davies, Ryan : Ti a dy ddoniau (You and Your Talents), for male chorus
>Welsh Traditional : Rew-di-ranno, folk song
>Burleigh, Henry Thacker : Dry bones
>Welsh Traditional : Tros y garreg (Crossing the Stone), folk song
>Davies, Bryan : Deryn y bwn o'r Banna (The Bittern), for chorus
>Welsh Traditional : Bugeilio'r gwenith gwyn (Watching the White Wheat), folk song
>Burtsch, Mervyn : Three Welsh Folk Melodies, medley for male chorus
>Welsh Traditional : Y pren ar y bryn (The Tree on the Hill), folk song
>Thomas, Mansel Treharne : Fantasia on Famous Welsh Airs, for male chorus
>Welsh Traditional : Si Hei Lwli Mabi
>Welsh Traditional : Ffarwel i ddociau Lerpwl (Farewell to the Liverpool Docks), folk song
>Welsh Traditional : Dacw 'nghariad i lawr yn y berllan (Yonder in the orchard is my love), folk song
>Welsh Traditional : Gwn Dafydd Ifan
>Welsh Traditional : Lisa lân
>Welsh Traditional : Hen ferchetan
>Welsh Traditional : Ar lan y môr (On the sea-shore)
>Davies, John Tudor : Series of Welsh Melodies, medley for male chorus
>Welsh Traditional : Titrwm tatrwm, folk song
>Welsh Traditional : Hen fenyw fach Cydweli (The Old Woman of Kidwelly), folk song
>Welsh Traditional : Cyfri'r geifr (Counting the Goats), folk song
Performers Conductors Ensemble
  • >
Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Glyn, Gareth : Heriwn, wynebwn y wawr (The Future's Beginning Today), for male chorus
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Running Time: 3 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Scott, Alicia Ann : Annie Laurie
  • Performers: Dafydd Jones (Voice); Merfyn Owen (Voice); Geraint Williams (Voice)
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Running Time: 4 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1838

>Jones, Rhys : O Gymru (O Wales), song
  • Performers: Arthur Davies (Tenor); Vivan Edwards (Voice); Gwilym Jones (Voice); Aled Owen (Voice); John Roberts (Voice)
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal

>Tosti, Francesco Paolo : My Dreams, for voice & piano or orchestra, C.S. 143
  • Performer: Arthur Davies (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Running Time: 4 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Gounod, Charles : St Cecilia Mass :: Sanctus
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Running Time: 4 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral

>Böhm, Carl : Still wie die Nacht, for voice & orchestra, Op. 326/27
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Jarre, Maurice : Iesu o Nazareth :: Theme
  • Performers: Gwenan Gibbard (Harp); Alwyn Humphreys (Voice)
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Running Time: 4 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1977

>Harry, Lyn : En Route, for male chorus
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Running Time: 2 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Traditional, Russian : Casatchok (Katyusha), folk song
  • Performer: Arthur Davies (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.

>Lewis, Howell Elvet : Evening Hymn, for male chorus ("Arglwydd mae yn nosi")
  • Performers: Emyr Jones (Voice); Trefor Jones (Baritone)
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Notes: This work was written in collaboration with Olwen Jones.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Choral

>Parker, Handel : Deep Harmony ("Wrth edrych Iesu ar dy groes..."), hymn
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional Spiritual : Ev'ry Time I Feel the Spirit
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Running Time: 2 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: by 1865

>Liddle, Samuel : Abide With Me
  • Performers: Steve Gardner (Voice); Merfyn Owen (Voice); Gareth Rowlands (Voice); Tudor Rowlands (Voice)
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Running Time: 5 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Choral

>Traditional, American : Just a Closer Walk with Thee
  • Performer: Trebor Evans (Voice)
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Running Time: 2 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 18th Century

>Acland, Arthur Henry Dyke : Memorial Poem to Hedd Wyn, for speakers & male chorus ("Y bardd trwm")
  • Performers: Dafydd Jones (Voice); Merfyn Owen (Voice); Geraint Williams (Voice)
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Running Time: 3 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Williams, Raymond : Buddugoliaeth y Groes (Victory of the Cross), for male chorus (after G.W. Hughes)
  • Conductor: Colin Jones
  • Running Time: 3 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Lewis, Idris : Cymru'n un (One Wales), for male chorus
  • Performer: Ritchie Williams (Voice)
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Romberg, Sigmund : Student Prince :: Drinking Song
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1924

>Hughes, John Ceiriog : Nant y Mynydd (Mountain Stream), for men's chorus (after Friedrich Silcher)
  • Performer: Bob Roberts (Voice)
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 2 min. 49 sec.

>Traditional, Italian : Santa Lucia
  • Performer: Tom Davies (Voice)
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 4 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: by 1860

>Parry, Joseph : Myfanwy
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 4 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Traditional Spiritual : Climbing Jacob's Ladder, spiritual
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 2 min. 44 sec.

>Protheroe, Daniel : Castilia, for male chorus
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 5 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Verdi, Giuseppe : La forza del destino :: La Vergine (The Virgin)
  • Performer: Mary Davies (Voice)
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1862

>Wagner, Richard : The Flying Dutchman :: Cytgan y Morwyr (Sailors' Chorus)
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Notes: Composition written: 1841.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1841

>Malotte, Albert Hay : The Lord's Prayer, for voice & piano
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 3 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Welsh Traditional : Ar Hyd y Nos (All Through the Night), folk song
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1784

>Williams, Robert : Hail the Day that Sees Him Rise (Gwyn a Gwridog, Hawddgar Iawn), hymn (Tune :: "Llanfair")
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: circa 1837

>Young, Duncan : I'se Weary of Waitin', song
  • Performer: John Thomas (Voice)
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 5 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal

>Schubert, Franz : Psalm 23, D 706/Op. 132
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 6 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 12/1820

>Schubert, Franz : Die Allmacht ("Gross ist Jehovah"), for mixed chorus & piano, D. 875a
  • Performer: Mari Williams (Voice)
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 5 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 01/1826

>Steffe, William : Battle Hymn of the Republic
  • Conductor: Kevin Bolton
  • Running Time: 5 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1862

>Davies, Ryan : Ti a dy ddoniau (You and Your Talents), for male chorus
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 3 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Welsh Traditional : Rew-di-ranno, folk song
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Burleigh, Henry Thacker : Dry bones
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 2 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Welsh Traditional : Tros y garreg (Crossing the Stone), folk song
  • Conductor: Meirion Jones
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Davies, Bryan : Deryn y bwn o'r Banna (The Bittern), for chorus
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.

>Welsh Traditional : Bugeilio'r gwenith gwyn (Watching the White Wheat), folk song
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Burtsch, Mervyn : Three Welsh Folk Melodies, medley for male chorus
  • Running Time: 5 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Welsh Traditional : Y pren ar y bryn (The Tree on the Hill), folk song
  • Running Time: 3 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Welsh Traditional : Tros y garreg (Crossing the Stone), folk song
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Thomas, Mansel Treharne : Fantasia on Famous Welsh Airs, for male chorus
  • Running Time: 5 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Welsh Traditional : Si Hei Lwli Mabi
  • Running Time: 3 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Welsh Traditional : Ffarwel i ddociau Lerpwl (Farewell to the Liverpool Docks), folk song
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Welsh Traditional : Dacw 'nghariad i lawr yn y berllan (Yonder in the orchard is my love), folk song
  • Running Time: 2 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Welsh Traditional : Gwn Dafydd Ifan
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Welsh Traditional : Lisa lân
  • Running Time: 2 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Welsh Traditional : Hen ferchetan
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Welsh Traditional : Ar lan y môr (On the sea-shore)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Davies, John Tudor : Series of Welsh Melodies, medley for male chorus
  • Running Time: 7 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Welsh Traditional : Titrwm tatrwm, folk song
  • Running Time: 2 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Welsh Traditional : Hen fenyw fach Cydweli (The Old Woman of Kidwelly), folk song
  • Running Time: 2 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Welsh Traditional : Cyfri'r geifr (Counting the Goats), folk song
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance