- Bruckner — Symphony No. 6 in A Major, WAB 106: I. Maestoso
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 6 in A Major, WAB 106: II. Adagio. Sehr feierlich
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 6 in A Major, WAB 106: III. Scherzo. Nicht schnell - Trio. Langsam $0.99 on iTunes
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 6 in A Major, WAB 106: IV. Finale. Bewegt, doch nicht zu schnell
Notes & Reviews:
Bruckner's Sixth is one of his most genial symphonies, inhabiting a world not too distant from the symphonies of Schubert, Dvorák and even Beethoven's Pastoral. In the words of the composer, this fetchingly melodic symphony is one he considered his "cheekiest" ("die Keckste"). This release completes conductor Gerd Schaller and his Philharmonie Festiva's Bruckner cycle, performed in the context of the Ebrach Summer of Music (Ebracher Musiksommer), a cycle often exploring unusual and in some cases unperformed variants of the symphonies, many in editions by Professor William Carragan.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Abteikirche Ebrach, Bayerischer Rundfunk, Studio Franke (08/2013).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBruckner, Anton : Symphony no 6 in A major, WAB 106
- Conductor: Gerd Schaller
- Notes: Composition written: 1879-81.
- Running Time: 56 min. 47 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1879-1881
- Studio/Live: Live