1 800 222 6872

Baby Needs Baroque

Album Summary

>Handel, George Frideric : The Water Music
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 2 in B minor, BWV 1067
>Pachelbel, Johann : Canon and Gigue for 3 Violins and Basso Continuo in D major
>Telemann, Georg Philipp : Concerto for Trumpet in D major, TV 51 no D 7
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin solo no 3 in C major, BWV 1005
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Goldberg Variations, for keyboard (Clavier-Übung IV), BWV 988 (BC L9)
>Handel, George Frideric : Water Music Suite no 2 in D major, HWV 349
>Handel, George Frideric : Water Music Suite no 1 in F major, HWV 348
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in E major, Op. 8 no 1/RV 269 "Primavera"
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002
>Telemann, Georg Philipp : Trio for oboe, harpsichord & continuo in E flat major (Essercizii Musici no 12/24), TWV42
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Three-Part Invention (Sinfonia), for keyboard no 5 in E flat major, BWV 791 (BC L46)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin solo no 1 in G minor, BWV 1001
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 1 in F major, BWV 1046
>Torelli, Giuseppe : Sonata for trumpet, strings & continuo, G. 1
>Telemann, Georg Philipp : Sonata for 2 flutes (or 2 violins) no 4 in E minor (Sonates sans basse no 4), TWV40
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : French Suite no 5 in G major, BWV 816
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for violin & keyboard in G minor, H. 542.5 (also attributed to J.S. Bach as BWV 1020)
Performers Conductor Ensembles Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Realizing that early exposure is key to a lifetime of classical enjoyment, Amelia and pianist Carol Rosenberger (now Delos' director), made the production of recordings for the very young one of their pet priorities. The resulting Family Classics Series (numbering more than 25 albums) has been hailed by critics and customers alike as the finest and most comprehensive series ever produced for young people. And a key component of this vibrant and varied series is the eleven-disc array of "Baby Needs" recordings. Three of these are being re-released, all with attractive new artwork. "Baby Needs Baroque" (DE 1609) is a varied and charming collection of Baroque-era jewels, selected individually for their "kid appeal." Similarly, "Baby Needs Beethoven" (DE 1610) and "Baby Needs More Mozart" (DE 1614) offer gentle and accessible selections from their respective composers that are sure to captivate and soothe the spirits of little people ... big people too! It's family listening at its best.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Handel, George Frideric : The Water Music :: Air
  • Conductor: Gerard Schwarz
  • Notes: Composition written: 1717.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1717

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
  • Performer: Elmar Oliveira (Violin)
  • Conductor: Gerard Schwarz
  • Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 2 in B minor, BWV 1067 :: Menuet
  • Performers: Anthony Newman (Harpsichord); Eugenia Zukerman (Flute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1738-1739

>Pachelbel, Johann : Canon and Gigue for 3 Violins and Basso Continuo in D major
  • Ensemble: Brazilian Guitar Quartet
  • Running Time: 4 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: after 1700

>Telemann, Georg Philipp : Concerto for Trumpet in D major, TV 51 no D 7 :: D7
  • Performer: Gerard Schwarz (Trumpet)
  • Conductor: Gerard Schwarz
  • Running Time: 2 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: circa 1708-1714

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin solo no 3 in C major, BWV 1005 :: Largo
  • Performer: Paul Galbraith (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Goldberg Variations, for keyboard (Clavier-Übung IV), BWV 988 (BC L9) :: Aria
  • Performer: Carol Rosenberger (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1741

>Handel, George Frideric : Water Music Suite no 2 in D major, HWV 349 :: Sarabande
  • Conductor: Gerard Schwarz
  • Notes: Composition written: 1717.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1717

>Handel, George Frideric : Water Music Suite no 1 in F major, HWV 348 :: Lentement
  • Conductor: Gerard Schwarz
  • Notes: Composition written: 1717.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1717

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 2 in B minor, BWV 1067 :: Polonaise
  • Performers: Eugenia Zukerman (Flute); Anthony Newman (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1738-1739

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in E major, Op. 8 no 1/RV 269 "Primavera"
  • Performer: Elmar Oliveira (Violin)
  • Conductor: Gerard Schwarz
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002 :: Menuets 1 & 2
  • Performer: Paul Galbraith (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Telemann, Georg Philipp : Trio for oboe, harpsichord & continuo in E flat major (Essercizii Musici no 12/24), TWV42 :: Es3
  • Performers: Allan Vogel (Oboe); Patricia Mabee (Harpsichord); Mark Chatfield (Viola); Nancy Sartain (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Three-Part Invention (Sinfonia), for keyboard no 5 in E flat major, BWV 791 (BC L46)
  • Performer: Carol Rosenberger (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin solo no 1 in G minor, BWV 1001 :: Siciliano
  • Performer: Paul Galbraith (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 1 in F major, BWV 1046 :: Minuet, Trio 1, Polacca, Trio 2
  • Ensemble: Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
  • Running Time: 7 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Torelli, Giuseppe : Sonata for trumpet, strings & continuo, G. 1 :: Andante
  • Performer: Gerard Schwarz (Trumpet)
  • Conductor: Gerard Schwarz
  • Running Time: 2 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Telemann, Georg Philipp : Sonata for 2 flutes (or 2 violins) no 4 in E minor (Sonates sans basse no 4), TWV40 :: 104
  • Performers: Claudi Arimany (Flute); Jean-Pierre Rampal (Flute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1727

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002 :: Loure
  • Performer: Paul Galbraith (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : French Suite no 5 in G major, BWV 816 :: Sarabande
  • Performer: Carol Rosenberger (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1722.
  • Running Time: 5 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Handel, George Frideric : The Water Music :: Allegro
  • Conductor: Gerard Schwarz
  • Notes: Composition written: 1717.
  • Running Time: 4 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1717

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for violin & keyboard in G minor, H. 542.5 (also attributed to J.S. Bach as BWV 1020) :: Adagio
  • Performers: Allan Vogel (Oboe); Patricia Mabee (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: by 1735