Album Remarks & Appraisals:
Unreleased, original remastered concert recording! Impresario Norman Granz had moved to Switzerland in 1959. He coordinated his "Jazz at the Philharmonic" tours from there, which at that time were very successful in Europe. At Dusseldorf's Rheinhalle theater in 1960, Stan Getz took the stage with his own quartet. The playbill announced the saxophonist's Scandinavian band; however, prior to the tour he had dismissed several of its members and so the cast instead included Ray Brown and Ed Thigpen, two fellow Americans.
Personnel: Stan Getz (tenor saxophone); Jan Johansson (piano); Ed Thigpen (drums).
Liner Note Author: Karsten Mützelfeldt.
Recording information: Düsseldorf (03/28/1960).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- In France (Farrell, Joe)
- Jazz Giants '58 [Bonus Tracks] (Peterson, Oscar)
- Stan Getz and J.J. Johnson at the Opera House (Johnson, J.J. (Trombone))
- People Time: The Complete Recordings [Box] (Barron, Kenny)
- Getz/Gilberto 50 [Bonus Track] (Gilberto, Joao)
- Getz/Gilberto +50 (Gilberto, Joao)
- Take a Chorus Minus B-Flat (Raney, Jimmy)
- Live in Chicago 1988 (Johnson, J.J. (Trombone))
- Getz/Gilberto '76 [Digipak] (Gilberto, Joao)