- Carl Vollrath — Coco and Igor $0.99 on iTunes
- Carl Vollrath — Past Recollections: I. Piazzolla in Paris $0.99 on iTunes
- Carl Vollrath — Past Recollections: II. Braziltina $0.99 on iTunes
- Carl Vollrath — Past Recollections: III. Little Violet $0.99 on iTunes
- Carl Vollrath — Past Recollections: IV. An Autumn Afternoon $0.99 on iTunes
- Carl Vollrath — Companion Piece $0.99 on iTunes
- Carl Vollrath — A Place Some Where $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
The stories we tell, stemming from our experiences of people, places, and events, reveal how we understand and express the world around us. Composer Carl Vollrath presents works for clarinet and piano that depict his interpretations of past events and tones of past composers, oftentimes conveying them through ironic and spirited musical themes. Several of the works allude to the genius and techniques of 20th c. composers, including Copland, Delius and Prokofiev. NYC-born Carl Vollrath's major works include 6 symphonies for band, an opera - The Quest - and a large collection of chamber music.
American Record Guide, July/August 2015
The tenderness and effort Michael Norsworthy puts into each note on the clarinet is enviable. Carl Vollrath's "neo-impressionistpandiatonic- jazz-blues style" gives Norsworthy plenty of space to have fun, and most of the works are character pieces so there are few surprises. 'Coco and Igor' has rounded and pointed articulations, runs, and a stylized folk section that leans toward klezmer. 'Poulenc's Plunk' is the slightly mournful, highly melodic side of Poulenc. Vollrath approaches his pieces with respect and care. The program as a whole is fairly safe and approachable. The performers clearly have the chops to handle much more.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!