- Elena Biscuola (Alto)
- Maria Baldassari (Harpsichord)
- Alberto Allegrezza (Voice)
- Elena Bertuzzi (Soprano)
- Laura Antonaz (Soprano)
- Mauro Borgioni (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
Among the thirteen oratorios by Giovanni Paolo Colonna, more than half are connected, by origin or tradition, to the court of Francesco II d'Este. Although in the early modern period the sacredness of monarchy was indisputable, it cannot be taken for granted that an oratorio was offered to a monarch in order to praise him unconditionally. Oratorios were often an instrument of admonition. This aspect is fully expressed in L'Assalonne, concerning familial and power entanglements between father and son. Maria Luisa Baldassari leads Ensemble "Les Nations" and a cast of 5 vocal soloists.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Pieve del Tho Brisighella, Ravenna (08/2012).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsColonna, Giovanni Paolo : Assalone, oratorio
- Performers: Elena Biscuola (Alto); Maria Baldassari (Harpsichord); Alberto Allegrezza (Voice); Elena Bertuzzi (Soprano); Laura Antonaz (Soprano); Mauro Borgioni (Voice)
- Conductor: Maria Baldassari
- Ensemble: Ensemble Les Nations
- Running Time: 1 min. 35 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Form: Cantata/Oratorio
- Written: 1686