1 800 222 6872

Liszt: Complete Music for Solo Piano Vol 53b / Leslie Howard

Album Summary

>Liszt, Franz : Concerto for Piano no 2 in A major, S 125
>Liszt, Franz : De Profundis, Psaume Instrumental for piano & orchestra, S. 121a (LW H3)
>Liszt, Franz : Wanderer Fantasy (Fantasie von Franz Schubert), for piano & orchestra (after Schubert, D. 760), S. 3
>Liszt, Franz : Concerto pathétique, for piano & orchestra in E minor, S. 365b (LW H11)
>Weber, Carl Maria von : Konzertstück for piano & orchestra in F minor, J. 282 (Op. 79)
>Liszt, Franz : Totentanz for Piano, S 525
>Liszt, Franz : Hungarian Fantasy (Fantasie über ungarische Volksmelodien), for piano & orchestra, S. 123 (LW H12)
>Liszt, Franz : Ungarische Zigeunerweisen (Konzert im ungarischen Styl), for piano & orchestra (doubtful), S. 714 (L
Performers Conductor Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

'Exemplary, and superbly recorded' (BBC Music Magazine)

'Hyperion's production, as always, is superb. For the Lisztian, this is indispensable' (Fanfare, USA)

'Howard's dedication is clear in all his playing here, with clear, crisp articulation vividly caught in finely balanced sound' (The Guardian)



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Liszt, Franz : Concerto for Piano no 2 in A major, S 125
  • Performers: Istvan Csurgay (Cello); Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Conductor: Karl Rickenbacher
  • Ensemble: Budapest Symphony Orchestra
  • Notes: The Budapest Studios of Hungarian Radio (11/06/1997-07/01/1998)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1839

>Liszt, Franz : De Profundis, Psaume Instrumental for piano & orchestra, S. 121a (LW H3)
  • Performers: Istvan Csurgay (Cello); Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Conductor: Karl Rickenbacher
  • Ensemble: Budapest Symphony Orchestra
  • Notes: The Budapest Studios of Hungarian Radio (11/06/1997-07/01/1998)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1834-1835

>Liszt, Franz : Wanderer Fantasy (Fantasie von Franz Schubert), for piano & orchestra (after Schubert, D. 760), S. 3
  • Performers: Istvan Csurgay (Cello); Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Conductor: Karl Rickenbacher
  • Ensemble: Budapest Symphony Orchestra
  • Notes: The Budapest Studios of Hungarian Radio (11/06/1997-07/01/1998)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1851

>Liszt, Franz : Concerto pathétique, for piano & orchestra in E minor, S. 365b (LW H11)
  • Performers: Istvan Csurgay (Cello); Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Conductor: Karl Rickenbacher
  • Ensemble: Budapest Symphony Orchestra
  • Notes: The Budapest Studios of Hungarian Radio (11/06/1997-07/01/1998)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1885

>Weber, Carl Maria von : Konzertstück for piano & orchestra in F minor, J. 282 (Op. 79)
  • Performers: Istvan Csurgay (Cello); Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Conductor: Karl Rickenbacher
  • Ensemble: Budapest Symphony Orchestra
  • Notes: The Budapest Studios of Hungarian Radio (11/06/1997-07/01/1998)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1821

>Liszt, Franz : Totentanz for Piano, S 525
  • Performers: Istvan Csurgay (Cello); Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Conductor: Karl Rickenbacher
  • Ensemble: Budapest Symphony Orchestra
  • Notes: The Budapest Studios of Hungarian Radio (11/06/1997-07/01/1998)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1847-1862

>Liszt, Franz : Hungarian Fantasy (Fantasie über ungarische Volksmelodien), for piano & orchestra, S. 123 (LW H12)
  • Performers: Istvan Csurgay (Cello); Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Conductor: Karl Rickenbacher
  • Ensemble: Budapest Symphony Orchestra
  • Notes: The Budapest Studios of Hungarian Radio (11/06/1997-07/01/1998)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1846-1852

>Liszt, Franz : Ungarische Zigeunerweisen (Konzert im ungarischen Styl), for piano & orchestra (doubtful), S. 714 (L
  • Performers: Istvan Csurgay (Cello); Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Conductor: Karl Rickenbacher
  • Ensemble: Budapest Symphony Orchestra
  • Notes: The Budapest Studios of Hungarian Radio (11/06/1997-07/01/1998)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1885