- Pantomime $0.99 on iTunes
- 12 American Preludes, Op. 12: No. 12, In the First Pentatonic Major Mode $0.99 on iTunes
- 3 Jazettes concertantes: No. 2, Jeu - RÃ©flexive $0.99 on iTunes
- Keiko $0.99 on iTunes
- Zone IndigÃ¨ne $0.99 on iTunes
- Diapasons $0.99 on iTunes
- Self Portrait $0.99 on iTunes
- En trois couleurs $0.99 on iTunes
Album Remarks & Appraisals:
Percussionist Marie-Josée Simard recently made her mark on the jazz world, joining the great jazz pianists and composers François Bourassa and Yves Léveillé to form the Trio En trois Couleurs. ATMA presents the trio's first album En trois couleurs, which sees these exceptional musicians journey through an ever-changing landscape of jazz, improvisation, and world music. Most of the works performed on this recording are originals, written by members of the trio. From Yves Léveillé's Zone indigène to the collective compositions Keiko, Diapasons, and En trois couleurs, their crafty combination of textures, innovative harmonies, and a vast palette of unusual sonorities is guaranteed to surprise and seduce attentive and curious music lovers.
Personnel: Marie-Josee Simard (percussion); Yves Léveillé (piano); François Bourassa (piano).
Recording information: Salle Oscar-Peterson, Université Concordia, Montréal, Q (09/2014).
Editor: Carlos Prieto .
Photographer: Julien Faugère.
Translator: Sean McCutcheon.