- Lilia $0.99 on iTunes
- Putty Boy Strut $0.99 on iTunes
- Ima $0.99 on iTunes
- Bachiao (feat. Romero Lubambo) $0.99 on iTunes
- Cais (feat. Romero Lubambo) $0.99 on iTunes
- Happy Song $0.99 on iTunes
- In the Spirit of Baden (feat. Romero Lubambo) $0.99 on iTunes
- Ternura $0.99 on iTunes
- Espinha de Bacalhau $0.99 on iTunes
- Beatriz (feat. Romero Lubambo) $0.99 on iTunes
- The Wein Machine (feat. Gilad Hekselman) $0.99 on iTunes
Personnel: Anat Cohen (clarinet, bass clarinet, tenor saxophone); Jason Lindner (piano, Wurlitzer organ); Daniel Freedman (drums).
Audio Mixer: James Farber.
Recording information: Avatar Studios (04/08/2014-04/09/2014).
Editor: Brian Montgomery.
The seventh album from Israeli-born saxophonist and clarinetist Anat Cohen, 2015's Luminosa showcases the N.Y.C.-based artist's eclectic mix of acoustic post-bop and Brazilian choro-influenced jazz. The album follows up her similarly inclined 2012 effort, Claroscuro, and provides a further showcase for her adroit improvisational skills and layered, sophisticated arrangements. Joining Cohen here is a bevy of equally gifted musicians, including keyboardist Jason Linder, bassist Joe Martin, and drummer Daniel Freedman. Luminosa also features a handful of guest artists including guitarist Romero Lubambo, percussionist Gilmar Gomes, and accordion player Vitor Goncalves. As with most of Cohen's recordings, Luminosa is a highly engaging, sophisticated, and romantic album. ~ Matt Collar
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!