- Mykola Lysenko — Grand morceau de concert, Op. 8 "1st Rhapsody on Ukrainian National Themes"
- Mykola Lysenko — Chant triste, Op. Posth. $0.99 on iTunes
- Mykola Lysenko — Rêverie, Visions of the Past, Op. 13 $0.99 on iTunes
- Mykola Lysenko — La rêve, Op. 12 $0.99 on iTunes
- Mykola Lysenko — Album from the Summer of 1901, Op. 39: No. 3, Élégie. La tristesse $0.99 on iTunes
- Mykola Lysenko — Album from the Summer of 1902, Op. 41: No. 3, Élégie $0.99 on iTunes
- Mykola Lysenko — Nocturne in C-Sharp Minor, Op. 19 $0.99 on iTunes
- Mykola Lysenko — Nocturne in B-Flat Minor, Op. 9 $0.99 on iTunes
- Mykola Lysenko — Nocturne in B-Flat Major "Farewell" $0.99 on iTunes
- Mykola Lysenko — Angoisse, Op. Posth. $0.99 on iTunes
- Mykola Lysenko — Esquisse in the Dorian Mode, Op. Posth. $0.99 on iTunes
- Mykola Lysenko — 3 Esquisses, Op. Posth.: No. 1 in A Major $0.99 on iTunes
- Mykola Lysenko — 3 Esquisses, Op. Posth.: No. 2 in B-Flat Minor $0.99 on iTunes
- Mykola Lysenko — 3 Esquisses, Op. Posth.: No. 3 in F Minor $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
As did Bartok later in Hungary, Mykola Lysenko (1842 - 1912), 'the father of Ukrainian classical music', fashioned a musical language - a uniting of the styles of Chopin, Liszt and the essence of Ukrainian folksong - through field research. This first CD of two presenting his piano music should prove a revelation: the opening First Rhapsody on Ukrainian National Themes, taking as its model the Liszt Hungarian Rhapsodies, is complemented by a series of delightful miniatures, all recorded for the first time.
American Record Guide, September/October 2015
This release is Volume 1, so we can hope for more. All of the Toccata releases that have come my way uncover unknown piano treasures. They also keep finding excellent pianists like Greene, willing to immerse themselves in obscure repertoire and achieving masterly results.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Ronald Stevenson (b.1928): Piano Music, Vol. 1 - A Celtic Album / Christopher Guild, piano
Giuseppe Giordani (1751-1798): Messa Vespro; da 'Offertori per tutto l'anno' / Marinella Pennicchi, soprano; Chiatastella Onorati, alto; Carlo Putelli, tenor; David Malvestio, bass
Leopold Kozeluch (1747-1818): Complete Keyboard Sonatas, Vol. 4 / Kemp English, piano
Veracini: Sonatas for Violin & Continuo, Op. 2 (Complete Sonate Accademiche) / Trio Settecento: Rachel Barton Pine, violin; John Mark Rozendaal, cello; David Schrader, harpsichord
Franz Liszt: Années de pèlerinage - Italie; Deux Légendes / Wilhelm Kempff, piano
Beethoven: Sonata No. 28 in A major, Op. 101; Brahms: Two Rhapsodies, Op. 79; Schumann: Kreisleriana, Op. 16
Ravel: Orchestral Music - Bolero; La Valse; Prelude a la Nuit; Pavane for a dead princess; Ma Mere L'oye; Valses Nobles et Sentimentales / Skrowaczewski, Fremaux
20th-Century Women Composers: Amy Beach: Piano Trio, Op. 150; 4 Songs, Op. 51/3; Lili Boulanger: D'un soir triste; Rebecca Clarke: Piano Trio / Trio des Alpes
Messiaen: Messe de la Pentecôte / Jolanda Zwoferink, organ