- Good News-Bad News $0.99 on iTunes
- Willow Tree $0.99 on iTunes
- Holding the Compass $0.99 on iTunes
- Strange Band $0.99 on iTunes
- Part of the Load $0.99 on iTunes
- Anyway $0.99 on iTunes
- Normans $0.99 on iTunes
- Lives and Ladies $0.99 on iTunes
- Strange Band (Studio Version) $0.99 on iTunes
- The Weaver`s Answer $0.99 on iTunes
- Hung Up Down $0.99 on iTunes
Includes 8 bonus tracks.
Family: Chapman (vocals, percussion); Charlie Whitney (acoustic & electric guitar, bass); Weider (violin, bass, percussion); Palmer (flute, electric piano, vibraphone, drums); Townsend (drums, percussion).
Principally recorded at Fairfield Halls Auditorium, London, England.
Audio Remasterer: Peter Reynolds.
Liner Note Author: Pete Feenstra.
Family's fourth album was recorded half in-concert and half in-studio. Rather than setting out to create a concert souvenir, the band uses the stage as a forum for presenting all new material. Family was always equally comfortable in live and studio settings. While these songs could have worked in the studio, it's a testament to Family's strength as a performing ensemble that this is a definitive album experience.
"Good News, Bad News" opens the album as it would have opened a concert. The studio-recorded closer, "Live And Ladies," is a tour-de-force--hypnotically powerful, and flush with melancholy passions and a broadly humane emotion base. Play this song for any music lover, and he or she is sure to become a Family fan.