- Katia Viel (Violin)
- Aki Noda (Organ)
- Ori Harmelin (Chitarrone)
- Giovanna Baviera
- Nathaniel Cox
- Elizabeth Rumsey (Violin)
- Elizabeth Rumsey (Vielle)
- Ryusuke Sakamoto (Chitarrone)
- Elam Rotem (Harpsichord)
- Katya Polin (Violin)
Notes & Reviews:
Quia Amore Langueo furthers the idea of composing new music in the historical musical language of the early Italian Baroque, the aim to create a new work of art by applying certain Early Music practices and by approaching the zeitgeist of this epoch. This collection, partly inspired by Monteverdi and Rossi, presents motets inspired by the intimate and amorous madrigal genre as well as two pieces in the dramatic style of the genere rappresentativo. The motets set texts from the Song of Songs; the dramatic scenes depict the dark love tales of Amnon & Tamar (Samuel II), and Samson & Delilah (Judges).Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Röm.-kath. Kirche, Nuglar-St. Pantaleon, Switzerland (05/2014/04/2014).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsRotem, Elam [Liner Notes] : Quia Amore Langueo, for 5 voices & continuo
- Performers: Katia Viel (Violin); Aki Noda (Organ); Ori Harmelin (Chitarrone); Giovanna Baviera; Nathaniel Cox; Elizabeth Rumsey (Violin); Elizabeth Rumsey (Vielle); Ryusuke Sakamoto (Chitarrone); Elam Rotem (Harpsichord); Katya Polin (Violin)
- Conductor: Elam Rotem
- Ensemble: Profeti della Quinta
- Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Vocal